The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage To Whifbitz for MOT!!!! Views

Geo

Right as my car has been under construction for the past 6 months its time for me to pick her up tomorrow and head down to see Paul for a few parts fitted along with an MOT.

My question is this, i know i can drive the car to a garage without an MOT to get an MOT done as long as its been booked in with the Intended Garage(Whifbitz) and i have valid Insurance which i have. :D

Now iv got a 7hr drive to see Paul, if i get stopped will the police be ok with this, as well its a bit of a fekin distance for an MOT so to speak....

They wont think Aye right son, your at it??? And impound the car???

Just after some advice guys..

cheers

Don't stop, for nuthin or no one!

Im sure that will go down well. :D

as long as its booked in you will be fine i recently did this with a transit van drove from watford to bognor regis

cool mate, how long was the drive?

get an invoice from paul or something ?

Yeah might do that bud, might get him to Fax something through just to be on the safe side.

cheers :thumbs:

yep its ok , my car is sornd atm and the mot run out last month , so contacted the fella that does the test and as long as its booked in and your insured it will be fine , plus it says it on the dvla website .

but as you are travelling a long way just have pauls contact details at hand ready for confirmation if you do get stopped

Guest vintage21275

have been stopped doing that ( although wasnt as far) it was fine but they did call the garage to confirm..just make sure paul answers the phone...;)

have been stopped doing that ( although wasnt as far) it was fine but they did call the garage to confirm..just make sure paul answers the phone...;)

that might be a problemas im driving through the night to get there. cant see paul answering the phone at 6am. :D

Would it flag up at dvla if the average speed cameras read the reg? Or if any camera device reads it vossa sometimes have the thing set up at the roadside to check all registrations. To be safe mate i would get it mot'd before the trip as you say if you get stopped you dont want to run the risk of the police thinking your at it. Sorry didnt read the through the night drive you go lad and dont spare the horses :D

Would it flag up at dvla if the average speed cameras read the reg? Or if any camera device reads it vossa sometimes have the thing set up at the roadside to check all registrations. To be safe mate i would get it mot'd before the trip as you say if you get stopped you dont want to run the risk of the police thinking your at it. Sorry didnt read the through the night drive you go lad and dont spare the horses :D

cant mate iv got to head down, no more hols to take. painting took little longer than expected