The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stock body supra with 285/19's

bigbloodyturbo

I have 19's with 275's with a aspect ratio of 30 on the back of my stock supra with no problems. Can anyone tell me if 19" 285's with a 35 sidewall would work without rubbing on the back?

Why are you increasing the aspect ratio? Your side wall measurement will increase from 82.5mm (30% of 275mm) to 99.75mm (35% of 285mm) with the sizes you're proposing.

If you fit 285mm width tyres they will only extend by 5mm (inner edge and outer edge) compared with your current tyres.

Whether they will rub or not will also depend on the offset of your wheels.

My arches have NOT been rolled and I was using 285/30/19 with a 10mm spacer which worked a dream. But, when I changed my tyres to 275/35/19 I had to take the spacer out because the tyres were rubbing on the arch but once I had taken the sapcer out it's been fine ever since. Even when I have had 4 people in the car.

My arches have NOT been rolled and I was using 285/30/19 with a 10mm spacer which worked a dream. But, when I changed my tyres to 275/35/19 I had to take the spacer out because the tyres were rubbing on the arch but once I had taken the sapcer out it's been fine ever since. Even when I have had 4 people in the car.

Surely if you're using spacers then your wheels are the wrong offset in the first place?

Surely if you're using spacers then your wheels are the wrong offset in the first place?

Depends on the look you are after. If you bought aftermarket 9.5" wheels with the same offset as stock wheels I don't think they would look very good. The stock wheels sit quite a bit in and need to be pushed out a bit for the agressive look. Stock wheels could be doing with 10mm extra width for a good look. He may have got the correct offset and width wheels in comparison to stock, but preferred the more agressive look with the 10mm spacers in place.

IMO of course.

Depends on the look you are after. If you bought aftermarket 9.5" wheels with the same offset as stock wheels I don't think they would look very good. The stock wheels sit quite a bit in and need to be pushed out a bit for the agressive look. Stock wheels could be doing with 10mm extra width for a good look. He may have got the correct offset and width wheels in comparison to stock, but preferred the more agressive look with the 10mm spacers in place.

IMO of course.

:yeahthat:

Thanks for the responses. The only reason I was considering them was because of the pair in the FS section, at £100 I thought they'd be worth buying just to have some fun but I was a little concerned about the increase in sidewall causing interference with the arch, which I think the general concensus is that they will.

I have 285x30x19's and they rub like mad but my arches arent rolled and its on stock suspension- can anyone tell me if this is because it is an RZ-S , these same wheels never even went close to rubbing on my 94 sz, but the arches on my sz were rolled and it had bilstein suspension where as my rz doesnt? Im planning on rolling my arches asap but I think I might need some stiffer suspension to totally eliminate this..