The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling abroad

AdzC

I am aware that this is becoming a common thread for members who are selling or have sold their cars but wanted opinions on this e-mail I received this morning via pistonheads.

Hi my name is Christian,

i would be very interested in your Supra.

The problem is that i'm from Austia so it is very necessary for me that you describe me the car as best as possible.

Rust, paint work, engine gearbox, lsd.

Has it any oil leaks?

Thank you very much for your information.

Looking forward heaing from you.

Regards

Christian

Does this seem like a genuine enquiry and if anybody has sold to Europe has it been easy enough to do?

Thanks

I sold my BPU Auto to a very nice chap who contacted me in the same way, he was from Bulgaria, he was to fly in and drive home the same day, I agreed to pick him up from the airport but made it clear it would not be in the Supra as I did not want to get myself in a position where they knew where I was with the car they wanted, I also insisted on seeing the cash before I drove them to my house for the deal

The deal went very well, very nice chap and they drove home, simples

[hijack] Happy birthday!

Seems normal to me too. If I was travelling a long way to see a car (especially overseas), I'd want to see as many photos as possible and in nauseating detail. That way I'd avoid a lot of travelling just find that the car is, dare I say, an old beater.

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

I am aware that this is becoming a common thread for members who are selling or have sold their cars but wanted opinions on this e-mail I received this morning via pistonheads.

Hi my name is Christian,

i would be very interested in your Supra.

The problem is that i'm from Austia so it is very necessary for me that you describe me the car as best as possible.

Rust, paint work, engine gearbox, lsd.

Has it any oil leaks?

Thank you very much for your information.

Looking forward heaing from you.

Regards

Christian

Does this seem like a genuine enquiry and if anybody has sold to Europe has it been easy enough to do?

Thanks

Hmmm, I received an email from the same guy too... from Austria?

Guest vintage21275
Hmmm, I received an email from the same guy too... from Austria?

If that is Christian Hadrier then its the same guy that has been mailing us too.

He seems to genuine enough.

• 2 weeks later...

ha ha I was just about to post about selling abroad, mine has been on Piston heads for a little while and he has been in touch with me to, he has offered to buy mine and is talking about booking a flight tomorrow.

My concern now is has he been telling you guys the same thing?

If not I assume its genuine, he has offered me the full asking price of £5500 and is looking at coming over on the 4th of Jan, I have been in touch with him on the text and he has called me. Does anyone think I need to be aware? suppose it depends what he has been saying to you all? Any help would be appreciated.

It's very hard to scam a seller when buying from overseas. Just make sure to take the money first and give the item (car, parts etc.) after. :)

In almost every occasion the buyer takes the risk not the seller. I have bought some items from fellow mkivsupra.net members and all of the transactions have gone quite smoothly except for Nicholas of course.

So I hope you guys won't have bad experiences dealing with overseas supra enthusiasts and contiunue to sell stuff to us foreigners.

Thanks guys. :)

Another note: AdzC do you think im selling at the right price (too little or to much) your car looks good by the way I can see why this Christian chap is interested in both of ours.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1304400.htm

I've actually sold mine no to a friend of mine (although it's still on my drive til he gives me the rest of the money). Had to drop the price a little.

Your car looks lovely but unfortunately the price the cars are worth to us is not the same as hat people will pay. I would say though that yours is a bargain being a facelift and 6 speed. Hope everything goes well with the sale :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd post this here. When selling a car recently got this email :

Good afternoon,

^^ Thanks you very much for getting back to me regards the purchase of your

car and am very excited that you still have the car for sale.^^^^^^

Regarding the price of the car , i will offer you £8,250 which i believe is

fair enough for the car if i am right.

So are you the first owner of the car? and for how long have you been

driving the car,i mean the mileages?because these are what i need to know

before i could proceed with the purchasing of the car.^^^^^^

I want your response on the above questions^ so that we can wrap everything

up in a short while as i am eager to take the possession of the CAR once the

payment is fully CLEARED in your bank.I have a shipping company that will

come for the pick-up of the car wherever the car is located in UK.^^^

Please Note that i agree to take the possession of the car only when the

draft has FULLY CLEARED AND CONFIRMED IN YOUR ACCOUNT.

So if you are ok with this kindly get back to me as i need to complete the

transaction asap..

^Thanks.

paul

Bern,Switzerland

it's a scam . They send you a bankers draft for more than your cars worth. Banks will instantly show the money in your account . He then asks you to send the extra money to his shipping agent. About 1 to 2 weeks later the fake bankers draft bounces

:iagree:

if you`re so eager to buy a Supra from the UK and you life in Switzerland you would make the trip to see and feel the car

i`ve heard it also elswhere but that was about some US military guy

so be carefull and if a guy really shows up always have 1 or 2 extra friends with you just to make sure and if he pays make sure you do it in an bank so they can confirm it`s real money