The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance/de-cat

Barney

I didn't tell them until I got a backbox put on, I was just going to plead ignorance.

It now says 'aftermarket exhaust system' on my policy docs which covers the cats as well, cost me £50 more. When they asked was my exhaust a performance modification, I said I didn't know and that I bought it because it looks nice :innocent:

Don't. Removing your CAT's is illegal and thus renders your policy invalid. Just tell them its a sports/stainless steel exhaust.

In fact, when I phoned Elephant the operator asked me if the CAT's were removed, I said no and he went on to say thats good as otherwise they can't cover you.

Originally posted by HISUPE

Don't. Removing your CAT's is illegal and thus renders your policy invalid. Just tell them its a sports/stainless steel exhaust.

In fact, when I phoned Elephant the operator asked me if the CAT's were removed, I said no and he went on to say thats good as otherwise they can't cover you.

Very True

Go with the " I have a new "FULL exhaust system "route

Originally posted by HISUPE

The law dictates that from 93/94 whenever it was all cars must be fitted with them. Failure to comply contravines the act and is thus illegal.

Nope, it dictates lower emissions, not a car must have a cat.

Although, without a cat, it probably wont pass emissions.

Well whatever it is, its illegal for one reason or another :p And as I said, I had it straight from the insurance mouth too! They also said it was illegal! Not gonna stop us doing it though ;) :p

Just be creative in how you describe it ;) :D :D