The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rob Wilds - Project 'Ridox'

rob wild

Well I though it was about time I did a project thread. I have nearly 7 years worth of photos/videos taking the car from Stock to well not so stock ;) :)

Its going to take a while to go through everything but I'll keep updating.

Anyway so back in 2003 I decided to 'upgrade' to a Supra. After hunting round for months I finally found a nice RZ-S 1995 grade 4 Twin Turbo Auto. It had 40k miles on the clock and had just been imported and had not been registered i.e. so I'm the first owner.

At first I was going to keep stock, but soon I realized that there was quite a few areas that needed to be addressed. Mainly to do with the handling i.e. brakes and suspension.

After some research I found that one of the best options was to do a UK brake upgrade. But to do this I couldn't keep stock 16" wheels as they don't clear the UK brakes.

I was going to get some Volk 18" alloys but after taking advice from Chris Wilson I decided that a better option IMO and his was to buy some TTE Wheels. Mainly because they are a light forged wheel with the correct offset for the Supra. They were an option on the Lexus 300 GS Sport which is what mine came from.

Again after speaking to CW and CJ I also found a good option for the handling. I decided to go for Bilstein yellow shocks which again I believe were an option from Toyota.

This IMO transformed the car and the difference the UK Brakes, TTE wheels (with good tyres) and Bilstien suspension made was amazing.

Edited by rob wild (see edit history)

Keep it how it is, it looks fine and will save you a lot of stress :D :p

how bizzare a retrospective project :blink:, i thought projects had to start in the supra chat section then progress from there once theres some decent stuff, heaven forbid is this an abuse of power by a mod :eyebrows:

There are already quite a few retrospecive threads on here, it's all about the progress story, that's what the section is all about. Do you have one to tell? ;)

Cheers guys :)

how bizzare a retrospective project :blink:, i thought projects had to start in the supra chat section then progress from there once theres some decent stuff, heaven forbid is this an abuse of power by a mod :eyebrows:

*cough* Goes to find Ban button *cough* :D

There are already quite a few retrospecive threads on here, it's all about the progress story, that's what the section is all about. Do you have one to tell? ;)

Yeah it was Jay's retrospective project thread that got me thinking about doing one :)

Keep it how it is, it looks fine and will save you a lot of stress :D :p

:rlol:

This should be good! ;)

Was your car at AFR recently as im sure i saw it down there when mine was in for a week or so??

Hopefully :) Yeah it was down there having the 6 speed done :)