The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who tells the truth about their BHP?

jazz1

Well like most times when i drive the supra it pulls attention like yesturday. Two guys rolled their window down etc with the thumbs up, nice comments then asked what is the bhp. I just said around 320 but could of easily lied and said 500bhp:d. Anyone here ever made a bullshit figure?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough, I haven't said that my car's more powerful than I could prove by way of the dyno sheet, but my friend who wanted to show off to some other friends decided to say that my car was pushing 500bhp or more.

I just had to correct him, as the other friend had an Audi S4, which is similar in power to mine, just so we didn't have to 'prove' anything!

Funnily enough, I haven't said that my car's more powerful than I could prove by way of the dyno sheet, but my friend who wanted to show off to some other friends decided to say that my car was pushing 500bhp or more.

My Papa does that. With every car I have had he embellishes on what I tell him about it. I told him that at full chat the car would be capable of about 190. Next thing he is telling people it can do 200. I corrected him and he said "not much of a difference though, is it?". Enter semi-long discussion on just how much extra grunt it takes to do that extra 10mph.