The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trd spoiler wrong way??

billy bhoy

Did he paint the whole thing with the blades on?

i got the spoiler painted then when i took the veilside one off the boot lid was full of extra holes that the trd wouldnt cover!!so sent it back to him and he filled the holes then painted the boot lid then fitted the spoiler!

he then had to put the blade on then repaint the spoiler because the seal between the boot lid and the spoiler kept cracking when he tryed to fit the blade!.so i just know when i take this blade off the 2 ends will move and crack the filler stuff he used!

i got the spoiler painted then when i took the veilside one off the boot lid was full of extra holes that the trd wouldnt cover!!so sent it back to him and he filled the holes then painted the boot lid then fitted the spoiler!

he then had to put the blade on then repaint the spoiler because the seal between the boot lid and the spoiler kept cracking when he tryed to fit the blade!.so i just know when i take this blade off the 2 ends will move and crack the filler stuff he used!

Just what i was thinking, good luck hope you get that fixed, will look 100 times better the right way

problem being is the blade is a different shape so the paint will lie differently mate as he has sprayed it with the blade in place.

the spoiler was painted then he put the blade on to repaint round where the spoiler and bootlid meet so it looks blended in!a good job apart from making a noal hunt of the blade!!

Thin edge forward and fat t edge at the rear, so it cuts through the air flow.

Nope that's either wrong or the TRD wing is a load of rubbish. Wings don't "cut through the air flow". They accelerate the air around the lower surface creating a lower presure than the upper surface. This lower pressure is what sucks the wing downwards.

The one in the picture looks like it's upside down.

Nope that's either wrong or the TRD wing is a load of rubbish. Wings don't "cut through the air flow". They accelerate the air around the lower surface creating a lower presure than the upper surface. This lower pressure is what sucks the wing downwards.

The one in the picture looks like it's upside down.

Yep. thin bit at the back like an aeroplane ;)

like this.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=7758&d=1182887980

Almost, its thin edge forward and fat edge backwards to act like an aeroplane wing. Creats down force rather than lift :)

:blink: its nothing to do with where the sharp edge of the wing is. Its the profile of the blade.

its ard to explane ill find a picture.

On a car. Giving downforce

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/imageBank/cache/w/wng.jpg_e_5b84aa811001e694c004cbb049f2caab.jpg

On a plane giving lift.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Yep. thin bit at the back like an aeroplane ;)

like this.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=7758&d=1182887980

I can't see that being right. That would create lift rather than downforce as per my above post.

Saying that, i'm pretty sure mine is on that way as it looks best that way :)

Having another think about it I think it's just an upside down plane wing, which will create downforce as well.