The mkiv Supra Owners Club

club spirit to build a club car?

w41k3r

As im sort of new to the club i wondered has there ever been a club built car to show at shows\meets to show club spirit ect......

Now obviously it would be a massive task but with the amount of forum uses that could donate small\large sums or even parts maybe it would work.

It could be either model TT or N\A but with recent threads on the N\A wouldnt it be good to build a proper built N\A above the 300bhp? then the club would be known for its club spirit and the building of the big N\A now as for where its kept or who builds it i dont have a clue just throwing the idea out there

yeah i totally agree there will be loads of reasons not to, but its just an idea for a club project that maybe, might just work theres alot of very talented people on this site that i take my hat of to for there work, which would go along way to making this project work

I really dont see the point tbh, why would we want a club car?

Indeed.

If the person who owns / created / runs the place wants a club car then so be it, I certainly wouldn't mind some club funds being used for that but what would it actually be?

A clean Supra with some prominent stickers on it that turns up at major events to promote the club? Hardly a challenge is it?

I thought about suggesting this before but then thought what is the point?

We hardly need a club car to represent us seeing as every major show there and literally dozens of Supra's with unique styling/modifications and tastes that everyone can browse over and enjoy. A single car would not help to promote the club or even show what we are capable of as you cannot build one Supra to show the worksmanship of this club.

Everyone has there own unique tastes, whether it be kitted or standard, Twins or Single, stripped interior or comfort. One car cannot show this where at car meets, we show this anyway by all bringing our own cars.

I think the only car worthy of being a club car would be a uk 6-speed in black! As its a uk based forum and that the uk 6-speeds in black are rare as hell and the one supra that 99% of members on here would jump at the chance to have/own! Good luck finding one mind and the money for it! :)

Edited by RobD (see edit history)