The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to know if uk spec?

Guest lexusv8

Guest lexusv8

Hi

Can you please give me details on knowing if a Supra in the UK is / has full UK spec :innocent:

Are there any clues when I go to look at a car or see in an advert

and is there a big difference in driving such a car please ?

I am sorry to members for a "silly" question.

I will appreciate any advice:)

Thank you

Peter

UK spec cars look like this;

They have headlamp washers (these are usually retained unless the car has had its bumper changed or been resprayed and the customer has had them removed).

If you look into the left hand side air duct, behind it should be a gearbox oil cooler. This is standard on UK cars but is sometimes fitted aftermarket to import cars.

UK cars all have the bonnet vent, but if you lif the bonnet, at the left hand side of the rocker cover there will be a 'snorkel' (which I have never seen retro-fitted in addition to a bonnet vent on import cars)

In the above picture, UK cars with an automatic gearbox don't have a red button (shift lock I think) in the top corner of the gear lever console.

Also the middle button infront of the gear lever (between heated seats and active spoiler) will read 'TRC OFF'. On import cars, one the ones that have a traction control system fitted, they will say someting like 'slip control' or 'traction'.

As mentioned heated seats.

UK specification cars come standard with 4 piston brake calipers and large brake discs. These are also commonly retro-fitted to import cars.

Other than this its more technical/mechanical stuff that they have in addition but I don't know how you could check for this (diff cooler, oil cooler, larger injectors, large fuel pump etc etc)

Also, when you test drive a UK spec TT back to back with an import TT, the UK spec car should feel superior in acceleration :p

(Only kidding - ignore this last comment :D)

Edited by DSK (see edit history)

UK cars all have the bonnet vent, but if you lif the bonnet, at the left hand side of the rocker cover there will be a 'snorkel' (which I have never seen retro-fitted in addition to a bonnet vent on import cars)

My GZ..... Now you have. :D

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8004/dsc00274g.jpg

mine doesnt have any rust thanks ;)

it also has full documented service history with genuine mileage unlike most imports :p

Only those that have tried to get everything converted. Personally mine still reads klicks. Why bother with anything else. All I need is a decent odo reading. Got that. :)