The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauge advice

Marco79

I've installed a border 3gauge glovebox pod with voltage and oil press in so far, originally was using the 3rd for nitrous gauge but that is now being incorporated into the progressive controller leaving me with a empty hole!

I'm toying with the idea of an afr gauge but unsure of the whole narrow band wide band option, which is better or should I say more worthwhile? Also where would you mount the sender for the gauge?

Also the progressive incorporates a fuel pressure input, where would the sender for this be mounted?

Cheers :D

Some of the main differences here

http://www.competitiondata.com/air_fuel/pg2_wb_vs_nb.htm

Basically narrow band is just an indication of rich vs lean (cannot really map safely on that info), wide is a precise value (good enough to use when mapping)

Probe usually goes in the downpipe, mine is at the top but I've seen them at the bottom also.

I run the AEM one, the Innovate kit is great too

Did you have to drill and weld a threaded insert into your exhaust to fit the sender? I'm runnings nics manifold that has a 1st de cat incorporated would I install the sender in the lower end of this manifold where the 1st cat would be?