The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my 5 speed na-t ongoing project thread

dr_jekyll

hey all , iv had my supra for nerly 3 yeara now and its been through a a few transormations in the time iv had it.

iv asked many questions on this forum and had some exelent answers from verry knowlagable people. without these answers to my questions im prtty sure the car would have been in a scrap yard a long time ago.

for this reason i think its time i shred a bit of info about the what iv been upto with the car and where all the valuable info iv been given has gone

ill try and throw as many pic in as i can , hope you enjoy

by the way if any moderators fancy correcting my spelling please feel free.

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

before diving in head first i thaught it would be a good idea to trail fit the parts i had been supplyed. this was a good idea as the screamer pipe needed modifying to fit .

i also had to cut all the ic pipeing to size and replace my dizzy cam with a cap from a v6 toyoya r unner, the cap fitted directly onto the supra housing minus 1 bolt hole lining up. it was also nessaserry to swap the wires from plugs 1 and 2 as the position and oreder is different on thne 4 runner cap

11-06-08_1345.jpg

11-06-08_1344.jpg

12-06-08_1653.jpg

satisfied all would fit with a bit of perswasion , i decided next to tackle the part that i was least looking forward to.

getting the oil from the engine, to the turbo and back again.

to take the oil feed i decided to use the hollow union bolt that holds the filter housing to the engine. this for me was the cheapest and lowest risc way of doing so.

i removed the bolt tht was extreamaly tight with a breaker bar and drilled ha hole throught the head of the bolt. after in sureing all the swarf and filings wer cleard form the inside of the hollow bolt i then tapped a thred into the hole to witch i could insert a pice that would give me 2 oil outlets .

i then replaced the bolt into the filter housing and added my oil feed line

13-06-08_1217.jpg

13-06-08_1218.jpg

now to make the oil return line.

luckily there is alredy a place for the oil return direcly into sump on the na motor , i belive it to be the same as the tt sump.

on the na the whole is blanked so will need drilling. to do this with the engine in the car i had to remove the drivers side engine mount and gently rase the engine on one side.

this allowed me to access the whole with a 90 degree angled drill and a cone cutter bit.

the sum is alu i believe so the cone bit went through verry easily.

the bolt wholes either side of the returne plate are alredy drilled so they jus needed a tread tapped in . agin be gentle as the sum is soft.

once tapped i bolted the return plate to the sump using 2 10mm bolts and the gasket provided. once more being carfull not to over tighten the bolts.

after this was done its just a case of screwing in the s/steal line i had made into the pre threaded plate.

and that was the oil lines done

• 3 weeks later...

with all parts fitting i tackled some of the plumbing needed to make the wastegate and bov work correctly.

as i only run low boost i fitted the wastegate with an 8 psi spring prior to fitting ( fit wastegat to maifold before fitting manifold )

my wastegate had three threded holes one on the side above the spring this was plubed with vacume hose to turbo pressure , the fixing in the compressor hosing, i then put a t pice in this line to a manual boost controller and the output of the boost controller to the lower hole in the middle of the gate under the spring. the third hole is just plugged.

it is , bad pic to use. it is routed around the back of the engine in the final fit my bad,

anny how nes i fitted my engine management, i chose the greddy emanage blue with greddy map sensor running parrilel with the the stock map sensor . . sorry no pics of this . then i fitted my innovate lc-1 with digital guage to monitor my afr, possible the most important pice of kit in the whole build . fitiing of thes parts was easy , just a case of following instructions and some hard wireing. the lambda sensor simply screws into the pre welded bung on the down pipe.