The mkiv Supra Owners Club

never knew that about the turbos!

a98pmalcolm

It takes all the airflow from 6 cylinders and pushes it through one turbo which is why it spools so early, it then prespools the second turbo by opening a small valve to let the turbo spin up, then opens the valve fully to let the airflow run to both turbos.

Im sure they spent millions designing and building it, and the single turbo chaps just throw it away for a truck turbo (only joking chaps... ;) )

ah ok cool, thanks for the replys all, erm there is a way of bypassing the Sequential System so both turbos run together which is whats on Hecklers personal website

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/mechanical/ttc/ttc.htm

Anyone think that worth it?

Not in my experience, I hate TTC as do a majority of TT owners I know that have tried it. Exhaust note is horrible sub 4k rpm, EGBV rattles like hell, loss of that low down torque/spool. It does spool very fast once online, but that's more seat of the pants feeling rather than actual performance over the sync system.

Single is a different matter, it means the BIG torque starts much sooner than the sync or TTC system can allow. It costs a LOT of money so is only really for the wealthy guys :D

Not in my experience, I hate TTC as do a majority of TT owners I know that have tried it. Exhaust note is horrible sub 4k rpm, EGBV rattles like hell, loss of that low down torque/spool. It does spool very fast once online, but that's more seat of the pants feeling rather than actual performance over the sync system.

Single is a different matter, it means the BIG torque starts much sooner than the sync or TTC system can allow. It costs a LOT of money so is only really for the wealthy guys :D

Single is cool, but as u said its alot of money :(

I was just reading a thread and some one mentioned that the TT supra turbos are the same size...
Which thread?

----------------

Stock Sequential TT: Good

Parallel TT on stock ECU: Been there, Barpole.

Hybrid stock turbos: Minor short term gains, major long term hassle and expense.

Big Single: Great, IF done right. Very expensive to do right.

Big Twins: I don't see the point but kinda cool if you have very deep pockets

Which thread?

----------------

Hybrid stock turbos: Minor short term gains, major long term hassle and expense.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203584

comment #3

Which thread?

----------------

sorry mate cant find the thread i looked at now.

Do they ? I liked TTC when I ran it for a while, and I thought you got more torque low down in TTC ?

I liked the deeper sound that TTC made :p

EGBV rattle ??

The only reason I wouldnt run it long term now is because of the spike you get around when no.2 would normally be.....

Do they ? I liked TTC when I ran it for a while, and I thought you got more torque low down in TTC ?

I liked the deeper sound that TTC made :p

EGBV rattle ??

The only reason I wouldnt run it long term now is because of the spike you get around when no.2 would normally be.....

I'm sure there were some plots somewhere (from Chris Wilson?) that showed you gain absolutely nothing from TTC, it just feels different (some say better, some don't).