The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im coming back

Guest Blitzed

Guest Blitzed

Well 2 years have passed after selling my supra twin turbo auto 330bhp, during those 2 years ive had a Bmw 525 sport which was boring and a Mercedes E55 amg W210 which i must say was just as quick as my supra it didn't feel it, but when you looked at the speedo it made you think crikey it got up there fast, different kind of power delivery.

Anyway ive got the urge back to buy another Supra, having owned an auto im tempted to bite the bullet and pay the extra ££££ and purchase a manual. I wish Toyota had made the Supra twinturbo in aerotop form as a manual.

The question is, is the manual really worth the extra pounds?, ive no doubt there has been huge debates on auto and manual gearboxes. Im probably looking at taking the car to about 500 bhp, anything above that is ridiculous if your using it for road use only. Another option was to buy an aerotop supra twinturbo auto and then try and source a 6 speed manual box and get it installed, yep i can hear the ££££ in the back of my head for this conversion, anyone got an idea on prices for this conversion?

I wish Toyota had made the Supra twinturbo in aerotop form as a manual.

They did, just not in RHD.

The question is, is the manual really worth the extra pounds?, ive no doubt there has been huge debates on auto and manual gearboxes.

You are correct.

If you're only wanting 500BHP then the auto should be fine with adequate cooling, but you're on the limit.