The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new guy need help

Guest Longbowtfc

Guest Longbowtfc

hello all . Just got my self off a supra but it not in the best condition so will need help and advice . First the side mirror on the drive side it crack . So can I just replace the mirror or do I have to change the whole unit ? Second the headlight it abit yellow do I just get new I one or can I clean them myself ? Thank for Reading n help .

Guest Longbowtfc

oh btw I think this supra may have belong to one of the member here since it got the web address on the car hehe so will give detail later so I can learn abit more about the supra

Welcome to the forum.

You're in the right place for help :)

You can just replace the glass i believe. You can buy replacements from Halfords but i got my last one for the Honda off e-bay.

You can clean the lens yourself if it's just the outside. The bodyshop that sprayed my car done mine for free while it was there :)

Something like this maybe

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plastic-Headlight-Lense-Polish-Cleaner_W0QQitemZ300355464892QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45ee94aebc

Peter

Hi mate,

welcome to the forum :)

we need pics of the car :D

if you need any parts check the traders on here - kerons really good for second hand bits and bobs.

The headlights can be brought upto a decent look using meguires plast x. check my garage for pics of how good mine turned out after using this. its avaliable from Halfords :)

Guest Longbowtfc

I think it the inside of lens that gone yellow , but wonder if I should take the headlight apart n clean it from there . But what the best thing to use to seal it back up. About the side mirror do I just take the mirror out or do I have to take the unit out to replace it . Yes it my first car so my I'm very new to it heh thank for helping

Guest Longbowtfc

It silver I had it for abit of time now just starting to do some work on it since I save up abit heh . I work at night so I rarely go round worthing with it hehe . It been off road for half a year to :€ but trying to get it back n running after Xmas I hope

you know anyway good place to get part local ?

Yes mate try AFR there in Crawley.

LeeP of SRD on here he can get parts and fit. Hes over Haywards Heath way top bloke. Hes doing JamieP car have a look a his garage.

Or try Whifbitz there in Enfield but Paul Whiffin can get you parts delivered if needed and hes a decent guy aswell. Paul also on the forum under his full name.

Edited by Ricky49 (see edit history)

Guest suprastar380bhp

To get rid of the yellow lenses you need to get some buffing compound (cutting compound that they finnish freshly painted cars off with from a paint shop? and buff the yellow off with a buffer fitting, by fitting it to the end of a drill or something like that, elbow grease will take for ever and will not do a good job

Edited by suprastar380bhp (see edit history)