The Zed boys are at it again.....

tDR

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sx boy - yeah there does seem a certain amount of bitchyness for some reason. The Scottish bunch are great though, we have a great club spirit and events are always fun :)

Dan - there's loads of technical knowledge on the S13 and S14, if you can't find answers in a search just ask away and someone will answer quickly :)

Cheers for the input guys :thumbs:

More support needed guys............. the zed forum boys are ganging up on me spouting shite about how the 300ZX is vastly superior to the Supra TT. Misinformed quotes like this being posted really get me going:

"I think the Supra looks crap, boring and very boy racer. The interiror is also the most tacky I have seen in a Japanese "super" car. They dont do everything better. They sound just as bad as they look. You can put another exhaust on but then it just sounds boring and loud, but that is my subjective view."

"The V6 will always produce more torque that a straight 6."

It's free to post on SXOC btw so jump in and defend the Supra :)

I have replied again, but there is no point in getting into a my car is better than yours arguement with someone like that.

They will NEVER see your way. Even though the Supra is better (I can say it now we are back on our home soil:D )

Oh FFS, this started on the 300 board with someone telling me that their Z puts out 340ft/lbs at 390Hp and Supe could only dream of such torque. So I simply stated that a stock UK Supe puts out 326ft/lbs so go away and try again.:D

Then it all got very silly:thumbs:

rofl. These guys certainly have some strange ideas!

Where on earth do they get the notion from that a zed is way more torquey than a Supra? :twak:

P.S. The Supra is much better than the zed :D

ask them to do a head to head at Santa Pod, most of them havent even seen a 13 second 1/4 mile. Also a good point to bring up Trax where all the 300s were destroyed by the mkivs, we ran rings round them on every lap, they were quite frankly a huge disappointment to all of us.

JB

Trax will stick in my mind forever, I went for a passing move on the straight and the 300 guy didnt see me there, he only realised there was a problem when he heard my car running on the rumble strips.

We really did expect the 300s to keep up but I dont think there was a single one there that put in a good showing.

1/4 mile shootout against the 300s would be a laugh, problem is they tend not to go to track days or 1/4 mile events from what I have seen, not sure why.

JB

I was at Trax too...started at the back of the second pack and merrily made my way past about 8 300's over the few mins were were out there....I was out breaking them with j-specs and murdering them down the straights (pre-decat).

Considering what else was about when it was launched the 300 was fantastic. But it was out done 3 years later. no doubt about it.

hiya hermie .........

i'm sure we won't try to hold the fact that you are a zed-sled driver against you too much (we're too sweet a bunch) ! LOL .........welcome aboard and remember to play nice!

:) :cool:

Guest Herman Munster

Hello there, you'll find me at most of the Reading Jap car meets BTW.

OMG, who gave Roy Admin rights? don't you know children shouldn't play with matches!