The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skim41 TT build up - T minus 2 months and counting...

skim41

Well having recently decided that I would sell my left over Supra parts as I would not buy a Supra in the near future I was able to get hold of one in dire need of TLC. Which will come to Dutch shores mid january.

The car is a red 93TT RZ Automatic, which will be converted to a 6 speed manual TT.

Since the interior and exterior are generally very bad the car will be completely stripped, sprayed and build up again. I do not want to tell everything yet, but will get a nice bodykit and good mods as well.

Have not decided on color yet, but will be black or white, im leaning to black though.

Will try to document as much as possible and good as possible. For now I have to relax as it will take still 2 months before the car will land. Gives me time to finish the garage, and start reading on other projects as well.

For now enjoy the pics.

Rogier

1242-3259_Supra_06.jpg

1242-3259_Supra_08.jpg

1242-3259_Supra_11.jpg

1242-3259_Supra_19.jpg

1242-3259_Supra_15.jpg

wow.. that sure is a sorry looking supra, it's good that it has the OEM skirts and spats though. I'd be a little concerned as what condition the engine is in considering how badly it seems to have been taken care of. still, good luck to you, should be an interesting preject to see, nothing like seeing a supra being brought back to it's previous glory. :thumbs:

wow.. that sure is a sorry looking supra, it's good that it has the OEM skirts and spats though. I'd be a little concerned as what condition the engine is in considering how badly it seems to have been taken care of. still, good luck to you, should be an interesting preject to see, nothing like seeing a supra being brought back to it's previous glory. :thumbs:

Agree. We will see how she runs, I must say that I do not really care as I will take it apart anyway. I believe it was leaking oil.

For me it is a good base for restoration, it is a TT, and the outer body parts will be changed anyway as will the color.

Wow, that's in a bad state, any idea why? Good project base though

The seats look the same style as stock one, but due to the trim they are probably out of a different car (Evo I think has them too)

No idea why, it seems only the bonnet and fender. The rest according to the auction sheet is OK.

I agree on the seats, could be evo seats. We will see, I will not reuse them most likely.

• 4 weeks later...

T minus 1 month. Car is on board.... :)

Have been able to source some nice performance parts in the mean time, also have 2 V160 gearboxes/ 6 speed conversion coming over in order to save on transportation cost. Will be in in 2 months, if interested let me know.

• 1 month later...

well finally after a week of delay the boat arrived yesterday evening in port, and guess what, this morning everything was already arranged. Pick up is scheduled for this saturday.

Again some pics...;

In the back a Altezza, next to it a R34 skybus gts..... so at least its in decent company.

Still contemplating whether or not to have it converted to LHD as this is our std...

P1050658.jpg

P1050657.jpg

Nope, doesn't look any better in those pics :D Good to hear it got there in one piece though, always a worrry! :)

Converting to LHD is a massive, massive undertaking. You'd need to chop the entire firewall out and replace for a start!

It's certainly need an entire LHD scrapper to get all the looms, rack, dash, etc out of. That's not a job I've ever heard anyone doing. I would imagine it cheaper to buy a LHD in the first place.

Best wishes with your project and please keep us posted!

I agree that there is a sh*t load of work to do, but I heard you can buy the firewall still new, that atleast is one worry less, dash offcourse woud be silly money, so indeed looking for a donor overthere.

Here is a llink to a LHD conversion, found it recently, havent looked into it. http://bilgalleri.dk/alb_vis.aspx?AlbumID=46858

The looms are no problem, as they are brittle anyway, will only be a less worries, and im thinking of going for large twins, which would need to run on a standalone most likely, but have to dig into that first. There is lots of mechanical things that I can do in advance, take out and sent for powder coating......

As for LHD cheaper, take a look on mobile.de I do not know the prices now, but a year or 2 years back a nice black 6sp TT would go for 20K + euro at lowest. Next to that, having had 3 RHD cars and have a BB as daily beater I know that a LHD will have some more ease in daily driving, and there is a lot of RHD imports now overhere, so that makes me even more wanna go for LHD again.

in I think 2002/3 I bought my first RHD Rx7 FD.... first in the country directly from Japan, at that time it was great

That thread is great, though my Dutch is very poor (still learning!).

So long as you know what's going to be involved that's the important part :) Just didn't want you thinking it was easy to do. Yes, the firewall panels and all the parts are still available from Toyota new. The looms, dash, steering, brake and floorpan mods would be tricky, but if you know your way round a toch, welder and spanners it's certainly do-able.

Best of luck to you. Sounds like you have a seriously large budget to work with so this could be a very interesting thread :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
That thread is great, though my Dutch is very poor (still learning!).

So long as you know what's going to be involved that's the important part :) Just didn't want you thinking it was easy to do. Yes, the firewall panels and all the parts are still available from Toyota new. The looms, dash, steering, brake and floorpan mods would be tricky, but if you know your way round a toch, welder and spanners it's certainly do-able.

Best of luck to you. Sounds like you have a seriously large budget to work with so this could be a very interesting thread :thumbs:

large budget, nope sorry..... rather small actually.

Have been thinking on the conversion from rhd to lhd, but will most likely keep it as it is.

ANyway some pics of the first dismantling and stuff.

How come you speak dutch? Have been to Britain this week though, maybe next we can meet up, most likely will be in the manchester, area and london area.

• 3 weeks later...

and some pics of the progress.

Interior is out except for passenger doorcard. First panels have been painted. Will see if I can dig up some pics of that.

I have been able to convert 1 headlight already, including polishing, in which I suck.... left after paint and polish, right the original

Rear bumper removed, all interior panels cleaned and made black again.

DSCF3585.JPG