The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dash lights

trebor69

got 3 and abs on the right i think :) (sorry to lazy to go out and look, 2 oil and something else)

just pop the dash out and have a look at the bulbs, its only 4 screws as i remember

BUT

do a search because the pcb has a habit of getting dry contacts where the multi plug goes into the pcb, mine just needed a new drop of solder on the pins and it was all sorted

Edited by bluecoup
spelling (see edit history)

got 3 and abs on the right i think :) (sorry to lazy to go out and look, 2 oil and something else)

just pop the dash out and have a look at the bulbs, its only 4 screws as i remember

BUT

do a search because the pcb has a habit of getting dry contacts where the multi plug goes into the pcb, mine just needed a new drop of solder on the pins and it was all sorted

Thanks for the heads up ....... i'll have a look .:)

Guest Blowngasket

BUT

I'll second that - just soldered mine up yesterday. I think because the cable is a bit short the connector gets strained when you remove the panel. :(

It's an easy fix (if you can solder) but do check the bulbs first.

There's a wiring diagram at http://www.turbosupras.com/pdfs/JZA80%20TSRM/Electrical%20Diagrams.pdf (page 239). If nothing works look especially closely at pins 1 and 2 where they join the PCB for minute cracks (see T5 on p82 for pin-out) .

HTH.

I'll second that - just soldered mine up yesterday. I think because the cable is a bit short the connector gets strained when you remove the panel. :(

There's a wiring diagram at http://www.turbosupras.com/pdfs/JZA80%20TSRM/Electrical%20Diagrams.pdf (page 239). If nothing works look especially closely at pins 1 and 2 where they join the PCB for minute cracks (see T5 on p82 for pin-out) .

HTH.

Many thanks for your post Blowngasket , you can never have too much info and seeing as you both think its the same thing makes me more confident that i can fix it . [GRIN]

HTH.

Thanks bluecoup and blowngasket , it was the pins , all of them ! If there hadn't been a screw holding the pcb in then the box connector and pins would have fallen out ! I re-soldered all ten pins and now i have more warning lights , YEY ! ( 1 engine management and 2 oil ) .

Many thanks guys .:D