The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na tt

jay5041

Hi people im currently saving for the na tt conversion to do in jan at kerons but i've got a few questions on it if anyone can help???

When you do the conversion what do you insure it as a TT or an NA with engine mods an does the price go up much??

And do i have to change my v5 document to class it as a TT as thats what it basically is for the mot.

any answers will be greatly appreciated cheers

1) You need to tell your insurance company it has a turbo engine installed. It'll be classified as an engine swap but most specalist companies will just insure it under the same guidelines they use for the TT. Some will refuse point blank, however those that accept it tend to charge a little more than what it'd cost for a standard TT, but in my experience, it's not a lot more. That said, Sky Insurance didn't make any difference between TT and NA-TT quotes on my car.

2) There's no need to tell DVLA about the change. The engine displacement is the same, most supra's are listed in the V5 as "Supra", regardless of being a TT or NA. There's no exact science behind the naming convention anyway. Theimportant bit is telling your insurance company of course :)

All modifications need to be divulged to an insurance company. In my limited experience "modifications", especially radical ones like an engine change to one with a lot more horsepower will attract far greater premiums than a car with the same horsepower originating from the factory that made it. The V5 will need the engine number changing, but as far as I know the taxation class, which is all a UK registration document is really based upon, will stay the same, as it still is PLG, with a limited seating capacity, the same engine capacity, and the same fuel, and the same year of manufacture.

1) You need to tell your insurance company it has a turbo engine installed. It'll be classified as an engine swap but most specilist companies will just insure it under the same guidelines they use for the TT. Some will refuse point blank.

2) There's no need to tell DVLA about the change. The engine displacement is the same, most supra's are listed in the V5 as "Supra", regardless of being a TT or NA. There's no exact science behind the naming convention anyway. Theimportant bit is telling your insurance company of course :)

lol yup im currently with elephant they aint too bad so hopefully will be all right with it. The mrs wanted me to sell it an get a chrysler crossfire! No chance so the moneys going on the tt upgrade

:D

The V5 will need the engine number changing, but as far as I know the taxation class, which is all a UK registration document is really based upon, will stay the same, as it still is PLG, with a limited seating capacity, the same engine capacity, and the same fuel, and the same year of manufacture.

Just to pick up on the engine number, do these actually get listed on the V5 now? None of mine have it.

Agree with ther rest though, on my V5 there's no distinction pointing out whether it has a TT or NA engine.

lol yup im currently with elephant they aint too bad so hopefully will be all right with it. The mrs wanted me to sell it an get a chrysler crossfire! No chance so the moneys going on the tt upgrade

:D

Elephant will not insure you on an NA-TT swap. It'll go something like this:

Elephant: Model type

You: SZ

Elephant: Is that a NA model?

You: No, it's a TT

Elephant: That is not on our system, goodbye

I would get a quote FIRST before committing, as some may refuse to insure the "modification". How old are you, where in Cheshire do you live?

You MUST tell an Insurance Co that you have TT'd the car.

26 mate in south wirral will have 3 years ncb by the time i get change. just done a quick quote for an rz came out 975 only about 100 more than im paying now. Hopefully the na tt wont be much more

insurance would be straight forward for me if i was to do it. just renewed mine and every insurance site i put my reg in it came back as a 1997 TT

yeah surely if i just register it as a tt on my insurance an if the worst came to the worst i had an accident then i've already declared to them its a tt. Or will that be abit dodgy hmmm.

yeah surely if i just register it as a tt on my insurance an if the worst came to the worst i had an accident then i've already declared to them its a tt. Or will that be abit dodgy hmmm.

NO- you must declare it as a converted vehicle from day one. If. it comes out in the wash, they have 100% grounds for not paying out. Some insurers will worm out of a payout for undeclared alloys

Hi people im currently saving for the na tt conversion to do in jan at kerons but i've got a few questions on it if anyone can help???

When you do the conversion what do you insure it as a TT or an NA with engine mods an does the price go up much??

And do i have to change my v5 document to class it as a TT as thats what it basically is for the mot.

any answers will be greatly appreciated cheers

hi mate interested to know what the cost is and what your having done ???