The mkiv Supra Owners Club

big single or big tt???

billy bhoy

What are you after. A fast road car or one to spank the 1/4 mile? Just had GT35r fitted and got the beast home after first turbo detted engine. Turbo doesn't come in to boost until 4000 rpm. So you potter around town like Miss Daisy until all hell lets loose. Get ready to spend shed loads of dosh though in mapping etc whichever way you go. If looking for reasonable additional boost you could get your existing twins upgraded to hybrids. I was quoted in the region of £1,200 for mine and went the single way.

If looking for reasonable additional boost you could get your existing twins upgraded to hybrids. I was quoted in the region of £1,200 for mine and went the single way.

You lose reliability with hybrids though.

I've been looking at big twin turbos for a while now, as an upgrade to my single. They seem to offer a very good setup in terms of torque curve/power delivery. I think I'd want a built engine and maybe some extra CCs before taking the plunge though to make sure I get the best out of it.

As already stated, big twins will be BIG money. A single will hit you for £10k, so imagine how much big twins could cost...

im kinda thinking i should have been on this form before i bought my car now.

dont get me wrong i love the thing.but you allways want what you dont have!i might wait till the better weather comes in then sell my car and buy somthing that has been done!i think its cheeper and saves time.i think you guys will agree?plus i should get move for the car in the summer seeing its quite rare it being a aero tt and all!