The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you think about the Toyota Supra?

Supra-Dreamer

Such a simple title yet a challenging question.

I began to love Supras the more I got to learn about them.

To me they are the only Japa car that stands out. Most of the cars are block like shaped I only like sleek lookers. Like the Supra, MR2.. RX7 Isn't too bad.

I never knew about the whole '2JZ can withstand up to 1000hp without the reinforcements"

I love the Interior. Looks like a space shuttle and at night It must be pretty cool Inside the car. I don't have a Supra myself but I dream of one. It's not my favorite all time car but by far It's my favorite Japa. I prefer It over the GTR ANYDAY.

What do you guys think? I believe I've started a never ending thread until It disappears.

LONG LIVE THE JAY ZED!! [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg I guess there's no serious people on here haha! Especially when I should be asking what are you doing on the Supra forums?! Haha. Yeah nah can't stand them either I mean.. 2JZ? 1000hp without reinforcements? Is that all? Pathetic =P

Edited by Supra-Dreamer
Correction 'With' - 'Without' (see edit history)

Omg I guess there's no serious people on here haha! Especially when I should be asking what are you doing on the Supra forums?! Haha. Yeah nah can't stand them either I mean.. 2JZ? 1000hp without reinforcements? Is that all? Pathetic =P

Other cars have 1001bhp without reinforcements and for that reason I dislike the Supra, it's inferior.

I will try to add something.

While looking for a new car i came to the following

300zx TT - ugly dated looking 80s car

GTO TT - Burnt out toaster

RX7 - loved it everything about it up till the rebuild costs.

NSX- Lacks deep down grunt, costs lots to buy and look after.

Supra - Still looks like a new car, servicing not major, great BHP for the money, still commands respect.

Hence i went for one. I looked at a number of newer cars from Evos to rx8s and all inbetween after selling my uk car but came right back to the Supra again.

To replace it i would need to have enough money for a Noble

When I bought my Supra, I was looking for:

- RWD

- rear seating (enough for one extra person was fine)

- high power

-

There isn't really much that fitted those requirements. Supra, 300ZX and M3 were the three I narrowed it down to, and a good Supra came up first. I like the look of Supra, but it was never really the look that was the reason I got it (as an every day car and on-street parked, I really wasn't after a head-turner) - these other characteristics are what sold it to me.

Man - I am so glad. One thing that I had kind of assumed I wouldn't get with my car choices was good reliability. I couldn't have been more wrong with the Supra. Despite the fuel and insurance costs, the fact that regular servicing was all that was required meant it was actually cheaper to run than either of my previous cars (a BMW328 and a Clio16v).

So...... what I really love about the car is the 2JZ-GTE engine. Absolutely awesome. That's why there was only one real choice for me when the family outgrew the Supra.