The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well its home :) and it has more gears ;) Cheers Dude!

rob wild

Well as some of you might know my Supras being having a 6 speed conversion done by Dude (John) @ AFR

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=196754

Just got it back! Thanks to Konrad! Who is top notch when it comes to transporting! He was very reasonably priced and very very professional! I really would recommend him and would use him again!

Anyway to the Soop wow what a difference! John has worked very very hard over last few months making sure everything was perfect!

He also has gone through the car making sure everything is spot on from the map to geo setup to brakes etc etc.

One thing I would say next time I hear someone saying "I'm really not sure what todo to my Supra next?" Well honestly let John have a look and do a shake down on it as theirs loads of little things that can make a big difference!

The car just feels so different! It starts better and I'm loving the 6 speed! Don't get me wrong I think the Auto is very very good on a Supra but I think I'm converted! :innocent: A manual Supra is brilliant!

I'm also really impressed with the Southbend OFE Series stage 3 clutch and Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel that John recommended! Again he was spot on!!!! Its really positive but very very light!

Anyway thanks again to Dude for all your hard work! :thumbs: and also to Konrad from the transporting!

Thanks guys :) Yeah very chuffed!

Ace this day has been a long time coming, the manual box is ace isnt it?

What day are we showing it off then? And come on what did it make on the Dyno ???

He didn't really say because they were 'testing' to check the prop at a full wot in 6th etc. We will have to see at the Skyline dyno day in a few weeks!

It will be going back to John@AFR in Feb were we will be doing to extra work :eyebrows:

Nice one Rob, enjoy:) Whats the Aluminum Flywheel like, noisy or livable?

TBH Jamie can't really hear anything from the clutch / flywheel tbh! Its great! As I was expecting a bit of chatter but nothing!

The only minor thing (that Dudes looking into for its next visit down there) is the Diff which is whining a bit, but this also might be down to the oil in it.

TBH Jamie can't really hear anything from the clutch / flywheel tbh! Its great! As I was expecting a bit of chatter but nothing!

The only minor thing (that Dudes looking into for its next visit down there) is the Diff which is whining a bit, but this also might be down to the oil in it.

Thats good to hear, sounds like a great clutch.

It was nice to meet you and your Dad Rob, your Supra is looks superb - gunmetal, facelift indicators, Lexus wheels - all in very good taste :) Clutch was easy to operate, I didn't know it's something more than standard TT clutch :blink:

It was also good to have a quick look into AFR permises and had a short chat with Dude and Matt :) Quite a lot of Supras there :D

Ace this day has been a long time coming, the manual box is ace isnt it?

What day are we showing it off then? And come on what did it make on the Dyno ???

We did not have time to Dyno the car properly as Konrad was on his way and I was still changing the bearings on one of the rollers at 12'O clock!!! All I really wanted to do was check the prop under full throttle for a couple of runs as it's shall we say a 'Hybrid' but it seems to be fine all things considered, also just wanted to make sure it was running OK, there are several things that need changing in the map as I have explained to Rob, still at least it actually starts now.!!!!

One more thing, to anyone buying an incomplete 6 spd conversion.........ask Rob how much hassle it is chasing all the little bits, we had to source springs for pedals spacers rubber gaitors etc, all special order and then you realise you need yet another part which then has to be ordered.

I think his advice would be go for a complete nuts and bolts conversion.

Thanks guys

It was nice to meet you and your Dad Rob, your Supra is looks superb - gunmetal, facelift indicators, Lexus wheels - all in very good taste :) Clutch was easy to operate, I didn't know it's something more than standard TT clutch :blink:

It was also good to have a quick look into AFR permises and had a short chat with Dude and Matt :) Quite a lot of Supras there :D

Cheers Konrad :) And it was nice to meet you too. Yeah the Clutch is very nice!

We did not have time to Dyno the car properly as Konrad was on his way and I was still changing the bearings on one of the rollers at 12'O clock!!! All I really wanted to do was check the prop under full throttle for a couple of runs as it's shall we say a 'Hybrid' but it seems to be fine all things considered, also just wanted to make sure it was running OK, there are several things that need changing in the map as I have explained to Rob, still at least it actually starts now.!!!!

Can't for the next session be good to sort out the bits on the map that you've highlighted and make it more responsive. Yeah just fired it up and it started 2nd pull :D Didn't think it could do that :innocent:

One more thing, to anyone buying an incomplete 6 spd conversion.........ask Rob how much hassle it is chasing all the little bits, we had to source springs for pedals spacers rubber gaitors etc, all special order and then you realise you need yet another part which then has to be ordered.

I think his advice would be go for a complete nuts and bolts conversion.

Yeah please please please for the love of god DO NOT TRY AND BUY A INCOMPLETE! I really isn't worth it!!! It more expensive and loads of hassle! Poor Dude nearly had nervous breakdown with the amount of messing about trying to sort bits!

I like that car (except the wiring!!!), I came in this morning and thought we had been robbed it wasnt there to greet me!!!!

Very subtle nice looking car, forgot how good those Lexus rims can look.

Cheers dude and thanks again for all your hard work :thumbs: It will be good to get her running as good as she looks :)

PS I'll give you a call later.