The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power intallation guide acces?

Davey001

Thanks mate i'll check it out, I'am pretty handy but defo not a machanic. If I did invest on one of these kits and just wanted to run on a low boost what else do I need?

It's been discussed a great deal, but will point out a few of the very obvious ones not mentioned in the guide.

1) All manifold flat faces need to be machined. They will all be warped as supplied

2) Never use any of the gaskets supplied with the kit. Buy quality ones for the T4 flange and use Toyota original (new) for the exhuast gasket. The xs ones will just blow out after a few months.

3) Do not use the oil lines, make your own and ensure you get the 120degree elbows to clear the power steering line (the NA-T site is US so doesn't mentioned the clearance issue on RHD cars)

4) Do not use any of the oil gaskets, order quality ones, the XS ones break down after a few months

5) Do not do anything with the FPR and fuel lines the kit supplies, they are junk.

6) The supplied turbo is junk, but can be used to get the car running. Just don't expect much power out of it

7) The v-band clamps are made of toffee, use a quality vband instead

There's a lot more, but those are the main ones for now.

What are you using for fueling and ECU?

the stock ecu is alright if running low boost. 7-8psi.

Stock injectors need swapping out as will be maxed from the word go

pretty much all homer mentioned is what you need to know

map ecu should be alright to but dont expect to get big power out of it unless you commit some serious investment

So can all these gaskets and clamps be purchased just off the internet? Some one said i will need a wide band o2 sensor is that right or do you not need to?

You're starting to worry me now :D

Yes, you need an AFR gauge kit (which will include a wideband sensor). This will be needed to monitor the AFR readings after the kit is installed and during/after the MAP 2 is configured and mapped.

Add a boost gauge to that too.

Can you answer the question about the injectors and pump, they are very important to get cleared up. You cannot use the stock injectors with the NA-T kit (though some seriously mis-informed people on NA-T site seem to think it's okay). The pump can be used for near zero boost (it's the same as the TT one), but I would not advise it at all.

Thats cleared a few things up!! Id rather be sure and ask than dive in and end up blowing the engine on my pride and joy! Thing is iam tight for cash but always wanted a N/A T but if its guna be a shit job think i'll leave alone!

Thanks for your help tho! Will have to save the pennys!:D

i dont know if im misunderstanding you here homer but are you implying that the stock pump isnt good for boost? :shrug:

Nah, what I was saying (indirectly) is that it's okay for stock power levels of the TT (~280ib/ft), but fuel pumps on cars of this age are more of a service item than anything. It's just advisory to replace one, the cost is peanuts compared to the overall conversion so it's just good practice to change it for a Walbro or similar.

Thats cleared a few things up!! Id rather be sure and ask than dive in and end up blowing the engine on my pride and joy! Thing is iam tight for cash but always wanted a N/A T but if its guna be a shit job think i'll leave alone!

Thanks for your help tho! Will have to save the pennys!:D

Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but the price of the kit itself is the tip of the iceberg. It's all the other stuff that costs money and time!

Personally I'd not bother with XS power, it has so many issues that by the end of it, it's more cost effective to buy a high quality premium kit.

Or just install a TT lump :D

Nah, what I was saying (indirectly) is that it's okay for for stock power levels of the TT (~280ib/ft), but fuel pumps on cars of this age are more of a service item than anything. It's just advisory to replace one, the cost is peanuts compared to the overall conversion so it's just good practice to change it for a Walbro or similar.

gotcha! :thumbs:

i thought thats what you meant