The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you sell your highly tuned up supra to buy the new skyline?

fastisnice

Would you sell your highly tuned up supra to buy a new GTR?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell your highly tuned up supra to buy a new GTR?

• yes
    • no

Ok from the outside the new GTR is a nice ride. The interior as well, at least that's how it looks like.

Quality wise you will be surprised how cheaper it is than the Supra only if you go ahead with modifications.

1. everything in the front is either held with clips or M5 bolts.(mostly clips)

2. downpipe studs, bolts and nuts on the exhaust are like 20 times cheaper than the Supra ones.

3. the floor is thin as a coca cola can.

4. the front crossmember is completely el cheapo.

5. stock exhaust rusts in 5000km, it's really bad Nissan quality.

On the pros though, car handles like a beast, accelerates unreal, and has a transmission to fall in love with. Mechanically is far superior than the Supra just because it's so many years apart. Built quality, it's just Nissan unfortunately, at least that's my thoughts, after taking couple of them apart to get them ready to 630-650ps.

No. I really like the GTRs, I even toyed with the idea of getting one before I got the Supra (the sums didnt quite add up though) I just don't think it's worth the money when you could have a really nice Supra, NSX or R32 GTR for much less.

Plus, you could have an NSX-R for the same money...

:cool:

if i was going to spend that much on a car, i would buy a used ferarri,....... and charge it :)

Ferrari's are over rated. A 360 would set you back at least 40k anyway and after Supercharging it (remember its an NA so tonnes of support mods) you would still have trouble from a standard GTR! Especially when you hit the corners!

I would if I had loads of money to spend on service etc. It is a truly amazing car & has the looks to match.

Though was amusing to find JamieP's car be quicker than a GTR at Santa Pod, shows how much potential these Supra's have despite their age.

GTR is a weapon, drive it and leave it alone, keep the warranty and enjoy an everyday affordable supercar. Handling is awesome with TRAC on R, can drive it like a RWD without the very wide swings.

But......it's still a Nissan........and that will always be a problem. Dealer service is crap. You got a problem ? they throw it back at you, cant be their fault, you must have driven it to hard. Pathethic. This while I like it is my last Nissan ever. I'll go where there is decent service in future. Looks like I will be trying to buy the factory manuals soon lol

Somebody I know from long time ago said to me once. (by the way he owned and owns a supra and now a r35).

NISSAN is nothing but 2nd HAND TOYOTA if you ask me.

Might not be 100% for the new R35, but I just ordered a set of MKIV Supra exhaust studs and nuts, for a customers R35 GTR, because while taking off his downpipes, the cheap studs and nuts got worn so bad on the threads like they are made out of plastic. And that's on a 3000km vehicle. Just had the first service done to it. UNREAL.

No need for the manuals Ernie, just give me a call, I have everything you can ask for. Even the ecu diagram.