The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres -- Eagle F1's not available now!!

Jellybean

Unfortunetly the New Eagle f1 tyres are not available in my fitment 275 35 R19 , gutted :tongue:

I am currently running the old Eagles GOODYEAR F1 GSD3

So heres my options I can see so far, dont know what to choose

• VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA
  • BRIDGESTONE RE050A POTENZA
  • TOYO T1R PROXES TOYO T1 R
  • HANKOOK K107 S1 EVO
  • FALKEN FK452 FALKEN FK 452
  • KUMHO KU31 ECSTA SPORT

I fitted some Falkens about a month ago, including 275/35/19 rears, on my M3. Very happy with them.

The £1000 set of Michelin PS2s I had fitted in April this year only lasted 10,000 miles. I don't want to be spending 2k a year on tyres. So the Falkens, at nearer £400 were chosen this time. They seem great so far.

I may be wrong, but I thought 275/30/19 was closer to stock circumference?

I know thats what I use anyway.

If so, You can get the goodyears. http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=31667635.110.32524&typ=R-142449&ranzahl=4&Breite=275&Quer=30&Felge=19&Speed=W&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s342p12750

I feel if you go from the goodyear f1's to fk452's you will be dissapointed.

I don't.

That is of course just my opinion, ;) I have the same size wheels and have tried both. The goodyears were by far better on my car. :p

Out of the ones you listed I have only tried the following but would put them in this order:

1. Goodyear F1's (both GSD3 and Asymmetric)

2. Bridgestone RE05

3. Fk452

4. Kumho escta supra. (I found these very slippery when wet!)

I haven't tried the others on your list so can comment.

I'm not saying I'm right, just sharing my findings. :)

have you tired Camskill dude?

The problem is that stock 16" alloys are an unusual size (so I'm told), so the choice is very limited. Just had a look on Camskill: they only do Toyo Proxes in 245/45/16.

A kind chap on here in the trade did a search for me and Falken have stopped making them in that size, which is a shame because they suited my style of driving.

Sorry for the hijack, clodola. :)

Bad News the New Eagle F1 Asymmetric does not carry over the same fitments as the Eagle F1 GSD3 I asked Goodyear why, currently waiting on reply

Good news is I tracked down some Eagle F1 GSD3 from Eire Tyres for an excellent price , even cheaper than the Toyo T1R off Camskill

412 euro for the rears delivered

• 2 weeks later...

I would go for the vredesteins at this time of year I currently have the cheaper wintrac version. The sessanta version is the best model they do. I have had the wintrac's on my rears for nearly a year now ~ 8000 miles and haven't disappointed. They aren't as grippy in the dry as toyo's but for the price of around 100 bin lids a corner its value for money.

As long as your geo is set up correctly for evenish wear you will still see 5-6mm of tread left after 5000 miles (obviously depends on how much wheelspinning from launches you do) they really are a great all weather hard compound tyre.