The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North East 2010 event suggestions

j1mb0b1

Hello all

Just though that I'd start the ball rolling with next years events. I was thinking may be it should be divided into sections for types of events.

However I think the most important thing (I'm sure you'll agree) is to get a regular monthly meet agreed, as this is a focal point that new members can introduce themselves and for old ones to laugh at each other :innocent:

So how about:-

Monthly Meet

As there are currently no monthly meets going on around the North East areas, How about Having a 3 month rolling meet at three different places.?

I'am not from the North East so not sure on what would be good meeting points for this. If we could get some suggestions for places agree dates / times and then stick to it?

March:- Keelmans Pub

April:- Twin Farms pub ?

May:- marsden south shields coast ?

Trips

1) Le Mans trip

2) Nurburgring trip

3) North York Moors/Pennines run out ?

4) suggestions ?

Events

1) Teesside Autodrome ?

2) Track day Croft track ?

3) Rolling Road day i.e. a NE/NW version of what Daryl does at SRR? i.e.Prizes for Greatest HP per Category I.e. NA / TT-BPU / Single-Twins. Also have food etc etc

How about here:- PD tuning http://www.pdtuning.com/ :eyebrows:

4) Drag race events (York raceway)

5) Jap North East

We could join up with the NW for some of these events to make them larger, Please add any suggestions and well see if we can start organizing :)

Also I think its important that may be some events are moved into the National section to offer it to all in the club :)

Again just ideas!

Edited by j1mb0b1 (see edit history)

Good to see there maybe some regular meets for next year(although Jan to March is usually freezing wet and snowy), I am going to the corbridge thing in may, that might be worth putting on your list.

We recently had a good rolling road day at a place in boldon called PD tuning http://www.pdtuning.com/

Hi chris or alana :),

Thanks for the input and yes Jan to March is cold and wet we could push it forward a little, maybe start the meets in March and then run them all year round. The North east is lacking in the monthly meet department most areas have them on the forum, We need to push this in the North East I think. :p

As said in other post I dont have much knowledge of the North East so more info and help like this will help me out very much. As I'am a fair drive away from you in the North East I would be looking for someone to help setup the monthly meets and get them rolling as I would not be attending myself.

If anyone would like to take this on please shout out.

• 3 weeks later...
JNE,

is usally a very big event and over the last few years there have been a large contingent of Supra owners present, Hodge (on here) I am sure is a moderator on their board. Good lad too :eyebrows:

Yup im admin on JNE. ill keep you all informed when and where the monthly meets are. I would be good to have a few local supras there. Especially seems mine wont be there for quite a few months yet lol.

The NE seems to have been dead for a while now. I posted a new thread called quiet times a few months back.

I'd love to get a monthly meet going other than JNE, supra specific but trying to get people to turn out is like pulling teeth. Stevo organised a couple of meets this year which were great days out but at most we managed 5 cars even though there's about 20-30 in the north east that I know of.

I was looking into a new business venture recently which was a meeting place similar to the ACE cafe in London in the West end of Newcastle. Thought there might be a demand for it, but as usual everybody said they were interested and then didn't turn out when it actually came to turning out.

As far as venues up here are concerned:

- XS Superbowl car park in Longbenton

- Metrocentre Retail park (used by SteetCarsUK every now and then)

- Tesco or MacDonalds Car Park at Kingston Park

- TVTE Retail park car park

Probably loads of others. I too have no heating in the car so would need my big jacket for any meet before March.

The NE seems to have been dead for a while now. I posted a new thread called quiet times a few months back.

I'd love to get a monthly meet going other than JNE, supra specific but trying to get people to turn out is like pulling teeth. Stevo organised a couple of meets this year which were great days out but at most we managed 5 cars even though there's about 20-30 in the north east that I know of.

I was looking into a new business venture recently which was a meeting place similar to the ACE cafe in London in the West end of Newcastle. Thought there might be a demand for it, but as usual everybody said they were interested and then didn't turn out when it actually came to turning out.

As far as venues up here are concerned:

- XS Superbowl car park in Longbenton

- Metrocentre Retail park (used by SteetCarsUK every now and then)

- Tesco or MacDonalds Car Park at Kingston Park

- TVTE Retail park car park

Probably loads of others. I too have no heating in the car so would need my big jacket for any meet before March.

Thanks for the input qwarrior,

Come on guys as said above the north east need to get some meets setup keep the ideas coming.

Sup's in storage until after the New Year now guys.

Got two bald back tyres and can't get the wheels nuts off. So need to wait until better weather unless anybody has any suggestions.

Tryed allsorts and broke numerous tools.

Heat them up with one of them gas heat guns. Then try when hot.

Or try a impact wrench ?

Edited by j1mb0b1 (see edit history)