The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yorkshire 2010 event suggestions

j1mb0b1

Hello all

Just though that I'd start the ball rolling with next years events. I was thinking maybe it should be divided into sections for types of events.

I would like to look at adding another monthly meet to the calendar. One a little more South yorkshire

So how about:-

Monthly Meets

- First tuesday of the month is Squires (North yorkshire)

- Last tuesday of the month The old post office ? (South Yorkshire)

The Old post office is just off J38 M1 on the outskirts of Barnsley, It has a large carpark and is well known to lots of other car and bike clubs.

If we could agree a time for the new meet and then stick to it?

Trip/Meet Ideas

1) Le Mans trip

2) Nurburgring trip

3) Buttertubs http://www.pistonheads.tv/clip1180

4) Trip out to Whitby

5)

Events

1) Track day Cadwell park

2) Track day donington park track ?

3) Rolling Road day i.e. a NW/NE version of what Daryl does at SRR? i.e.Prizes for Greatest HP per Category I.e. NA / TT-BPU / Single-Twins. Also have food etc etc

4) Drag race events (York raceway)

5) Harewood Hillclimb

6) Rising Sun show at Nostell Priory

7) Track day at Tockwith near York

8)

We could join up with the North west and east to make some of these events larger, Please add any suggestions and well see if we can start organizing :)

Also I think its important that may be some events are moved into the National section to offer it to all in the club :)

Again just ideas!

Edited by j1mb0b1 (see edit history)

I'd just like to say thanks for the effort you are going to here.

Harewood Hillclimb is a nice day out, they were very good with me when we went and allowed us to get a bit of a discount by buying entry passes in advance.

The Cars in the Park events are generally pleasant enough.

Rising Sun show at Nostell Priory.

They have a nice little circuit up at Tockwith near York that might be fun to hire out for the day, more of a kart track so not much scope for overtaking though:

ZPlP0fpqd0M

Trip to Whitby over the moors.

Blast up to the Buttertubs:

http://www.pistonheads.tv/clip1180

I'd just like to say thanks for the effort you are going to here.

Harewood Hillclimb is a nice day out, they were very good with me when we went and allowed us to get a bit of a discount by buying entry passes in advance.

The Cars in the Park events are generally pleasant enough.

Rising Sun show at Nostell Priory.

They have a nice little circuit up at Tockwith near York that might be fun to hire out for the day, more of a kart track so not much scope for overtaking though:

ZPlP0fpqd0M

Trip to Whitby over the moors.

Blast up to the Buttertubs:

http://www.pistonheads.tv/clip1180

Looks good thanks for the input michael. That track looks good :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest 2eagles-2008

Well done that man for tryin to organise events up this end of the country.am all in favour of monthly meets a bit closer to home as I am on the lincs s. yorks border.I did have a ride to the rising sun gig but the weather wiped it out in my opinion but would love to meet other supe owners n/a or turbo they are still the best for your cash.Best of luck trying to sort venues ..........ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST TRANSPORT!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest philrach

hi all, just joined after buying my first supra. i am based in bridlington, where is the "Squires" meet that is mentioned at the top of this thread? cheers

Hi welcome to the forum you have come to the right place to meet other supra mad head :)

Philrach just click on the Squires thread and read first post all the details you need are there.

I want to try and get another monthly meet setup in south yokshire just need a good location.

Check out the yokshire events section we have a few meeting coming up soon, Haveing a drive out to Chatsworth house next month.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...