The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skyline Rolling Road day

rob wild

Hello

I was talking to my 'Cuz' (Ben) about a Supra 2010 rolling road day as he's the NW event Mod over at GTR.co.uk.

Anyway it turns out that they're having a do @ Dyno Demon (the one I suggested in the '2010 suggestions' thread) on the 29th of November and Ben's invited anyone from here that might fancy it either as a runner or spectator to come along :)

I though it might be good for us to do a bit of a 'reccy' anyway for next year for a big supra dyno day.

Anyway if anyone fancies coming down just add below :) Its £35 for 3 power runs with full dyno prints.

There is a R35 GTR running :eyebrows: which will be good to see on the rollers :)

1. Mr Wild (Runner)

2. Matt H (Runner)

3. Martini (Watcher)

Anyway please see a copy of the GTR thread below

Edited by rob wild (see edit history)

Details from GTR

Oki Paul off skylineowners has arrange this for Novembers meet so i thought i would share with you and has managed to arrange a rolling road day for us all for Sun 29th November which will our November monthly meet.

Venue \ location :

Dyno Demon,

5 Westwood Court,

Clayhill Ind Park,

Neston,

CH64 3UJ

Dyno Demon website

Price £35 per car

Payment is on the day via cash or card, cheques unfortunately cannot be accepted

Max number of cars 35

However there is good safe parking for more cars

Times 09:30 till 16:30

You can arrive anytime but would suggest the earlier the better and we will put the cars on the rollers in order of arrival if possible

These guys have a 4WD Dyno Dynamics rolling road and your car will get 3 runs and you will receive 2 print outs from the best run showing :

Flywheel power and torque graphs

Road power, AFR and boost graphs

The print outs are presented in a nice shiny Dyno-Demon branded folder

Tea and Coffee will be provided

They can put on food for us at a cost of around £4 per person and it will be a buffet style affair (pies \ pastries, nothing too fancy) they have used vans in the past but they charge the earth and we would prefer to keep the costs down.

I'm aware that Dyno Demons may be a little out of the way for some of our North West members and I really do apologise for this but when I went to a rolling road day here last year they struck me as being very professional, checking over each car before doing a run (they didn't allow one car to run because it had hardly any oil) and the actual output from the run's are projected overhead onto a large white wall area for everyone to watch as they happen. I'd also like to say that these guys are not too far away from me but this has in no way influenced the decision to use them, from what I’ve seen they will put on a good day for us.

The North Wales rep has a list for his members on the go as well, the more the merrier.

None skylines belonging to friends\family etc are welcome as well, but the skylines get priority if we get good numbers.

For those traveling in, you could meet up at the Shell Station at Haydock Island for say 09:00am and then convoy through north Liverpool and the Wallasey tunnel (nice sound affects en-route !)

I will try to arrange for Total Nissan to attend as well

So come on guys, some of you have raised an interest in a rolling road day in other threads so get your names down and please PUT YOUR NAME DOWN ASAP so I can get numbers back to Dyno Demon as early as possible and also when we approach Total Nissan. Also could you indicate if you are doing a run or just attending and where you plan to meet up, at dynodemon or haydock

If people want to start making a list or put there names on skylineowners.com but this sounds like a fun day

• 2 weeks later...
It's not that mate, we've had multiple de-limiters, wired in on both the dash and the gearbox, plus a greedy thing that plugs into the ECU and it's still hitting fuel cut. :(

Weird I've never wired one into the dash or the gearbox, although I have taken a wire off the back of the speedo for the ecu. The stock ecu does take its signal from a couple of different places however with an emb its also important were you mount the output signal from the Speed delimiter. I.e. in between the ecu and emb or after etc.

When I wired up the last one I put the speed delimiter in between the emb and ecu.

Weird I've never wired one into the dash or the gearbox, although I have taken a wire off the back of the speedo for the ecu. The stock ecu does take its signal from a couple of different places however with an emb its also important were you mount the output signal from the Speed delimiter. I.e. in between the ecu and emb or after etc.

When I wired up the last one I put the speed delimiter in between the emb and ecu.

Cheers Rob, :thumbs: