The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Everyone

Guest BadBoi

i am new to this sort of thing and new to jap cars all together!!

i have literally just bought a 1999 toyota supra TT tiptronic...

i heard that they are quiet rare...lol

im now looking for modding ideas...:eyebrows:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome

1999 cars are fairly rare. Of the 1999 range in the UK tiptronic are the most common though.

As for modding, go for BPU. Other than that I would leave it pretty much alone unless you want to spend SERIOUS money. If you are going to kit it, kit it right and spend lots of money. Don't just bolt on bits and expect it to look good.

Search lots, ask lots of questions and be merry :D

thanks to every1 for the warm welcome, pictures will be added soon...

ok...bpu, where can i get sorted out? i live in north london!

btw, my petrol flap wont close!! it will open, but i need to pull out the metal thing and then close it slowly...how can i sort this out too??

cheers

Edited by BadBoi (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

just been down at whifbitz today thanks to the recommendation by pistonbroke, they were all in all really nice people, i had a boost controller fitted, fuel pump and had a fuel cut defender put in!

currently running 0.7psi on low boost and 1.2 on high boost!!

now iv got another problem, i have a shitty single din head unit currently in the car and its taken me the best part of 5 hours trying to figure out how to rip it out with no joy!! lol helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!

just been down at whifbitz today thanks to the recommendation by pistonbroke, they were all in all really nice people, i had a boost controller fitted, fuel pump and had a fuel cut defender put in!

currently running 0.7psi on low boost and 1.2 on high boost!!

now iv got another problem, i have a shitty single din head unit currently in the car and its taken me the best part of 5 hours trying to figure out how to rip it out with no joy!! lol helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!

Hi mate,

Where in N London are you based?

As for the head unit, you may find it easier removing the gear and dash panel to get to it.

thanks for the warm welcome guys n chix, i live in finchley, london borough of barnet!

i will be getting pix up of the whip as soon as i get my stupid camara workin!!

i cant rip my dashboard off!! THATS HEARTLESS!! :o HOW COULD YOU?!

lol

thanks for the warm welcome guys n chix, i live in finchley, london borough of barnet!

i will be getting pix up of the whip as soon as i get my stupid camara workin!!

i cant rip my dashboard off!! THATS HEARTLESS!! :o HOW COULD YOU?!

lol

Yo rude boi, enuff ov da txt tlk :D

:welcome: TTC

Another London member, wonder how many we have!

You did the right thing joining the club, you will learn loads about your car.

We are picture whores so get some pictures up son!

With regards to the headunit, you need to take off the gearbox surround, its a couple of screws & clips. When taking off the headunit you might find the unit is screwed into a cage, make sure you take all the screws off before trying to pull out the headunit.

Edited by Abz
Headunit advice. (see edit history)

baaaaaaaare londoners mate! cuz london is the best! lol

can someone send me some sort of diagram!? lol

my car is NOT a whore :O lol

tx tlk is da bes doe! looool

You're lucky that you even got a "please" from Michael! I would have thought he would say just Enough!

On a serious note, you can get banned if you text talk. Put it this way it will help improve your english :).

Now on a even more serious note, what's this about your car being a whore? You must have some pictures!