The mkiv Supra Owners Club

565bhp Hybrids?

tony tt

Well tonight i was attending my girlfriends work doo and i got introduced to a man who also has a supra. The conversation went i bit like this. The pleb..What power are you running? Me..around 400 its bpu!. The pleb..oh mine is 565. me..oh is it a big single? The pleb..No they dont come in single turbo its twin turbo!!! Me..Oh right :blink: what kind of turbos are they? The pleb..Stage 3 hybrids my mate Andy Barnes is running 900hp on stage 3 Hybrids! WTF He goes on to tell me its got air suspension and 20" wheel. That part i believe because ive seen the car.

I turned my back on him at this point as i felt like physical violence was brewing. Im not sure if hes a member or not but if he is ive never heard so much crap out a guy about his car!!

Sorry its a bit of a read. Rant over.

Ps is it Andy Barnes that runs sumo power hes on about?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love conversations like that, you did well to bite your lip.

A while ago I had a call from a punter, now a good customer, it went like this

'I've blown my hybrid turbos up, what can I do'??

Well if youlike we could fit a budget kit we are developing , you will get about 400 hp with the option of much more to come.

Nah mate I already got well over 500 the guy who fitted them told me so.

Why dont you pop down sat and i'll show you a few cars with that sort of power.

Yeah mate no problem

Sat comes and the guy pops down, now luckily I had a customers single turbo car, I cleared it with the customer and took matey out for a spin, the silence and white hands gripping the seat said it all and that was low boost and changing well before the redline, I asked how much HP he thought it had now, we settled on well under 400!!!!:tongue:

Turns out his car had ceramics not hybrids like he had paid for.

Haha, there is always one at a party no doubt about it. The more drunk they get, the more horse power and bull comes outta their mouths. The worst part is, when you try to talk technical to them, explaining that they car surely couldn't have that much HP the more you want to punch them!