The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra and her story.. (pic heavy)

Meko

Well i've been here since February and only just got some pics worth putting up..

I bought the car at the end of January for £2300, and it turned out to have a duff clutch. The bloke i bought it off had the rods pushed forward to put some play in the clutch.. No wonder he kept asking me to let him know when i was on my way, it was to pull the pedal up..

Anyway, after signing up here i spotted it on here and he'd tried to sell it on here in November http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=169023 although it looked a lot different to that in January. Alloys had been chipped, paint coming off them, dent in the back wing where he'd reversed into something and he'd changed one head light cover to a clear one.

This was just after i bought it

and with my Celica that i had at the time (wish i didn't have to sell her)

Two weeks after buying her and having the clutch replaced, my (now ex) lodger asked what it drove like, so i told him not to go off the 20mph, with speed bumps, estate. 15 minutes later i got a phone call saying he'd had a bit of a bump. That was like Big Daddy saying he's a little bit chubby!

After if was dragged out through a fence and a hedge i got a few pictures at the recovery yard.

After having it collected and taken to a garage that a friend knows, i made the mistake of telling them not to rush as i'd need to get the money together..

I did the half day trip from Preston down to Keron's in Leicester to pick up: 2 new wing, new drivers door, new bumper, new head light and sill covers.

Some pics of the rebuild.

I told them i needed it back by my birthday at the beginning of August.. Towards the end of July i got a call from the mechanic telling me it had been sprayed, so off i toddled. As it came supplied with rear spats but not fitted i asked them to put them on.

As the wheels were tatty i went for a respray and went for gun metal grey, although they look a bit dark for gun metal grey.

Although it wasn't finished completely by the beginning of August i got her back and she looked lot better than she did.

Couple of weeks ago i put her back in to be flattened and polished and today i gave her a wash and polish and decided to get a few pics.

93 N/A manual with 17inch KC Racing split rims and leather interior.

Ignore the stereo, it's just been thrown in till i build a box and wire it all up properly.

Cheers mate, still a few bits i want to do but the bulk of it is finished and its back on the road.

Looking at some threads on the cost of resprays it looks like i got away lightly! the rebuild including respray cost me £1600 and the cost of the parts.

Yup

Either get UK Glass ones or dig deeper and get facelift ones (450-500) - mind you, not sure how facelift ones would look on a silver car.

I'd look at the UK glass ones if I was you.

wouldnt waste time with a refurb (unless you were on a very tight budget).

Wow, one hell of a knock. What was your repair bill in the end?

pretty much typing it when you replied.

to be honest mate it's cost me £2300 for the car, £2500 in repairs, two new tyres, tax and mot and that's after doing only 1200 miles since January 27th. I do want glass headlights but they can wait for now.

£400 for parts, £1600 labour and about £500 for the clutch

@ 2.5k to repair why did you bother?

because i stuck it on eBay as it was and was getting offers of £700. I'd paid £250 for storage to the recovery company so i was left with the option of getting £450 back for what's left and not having the car or paying to get it back on the road.

A fair few times i wished i'd taken the £700 but i've always wanted a Supra. The thought of only getting £450 back was worse than the thought of spending more money, especially as it had a clutch with only 150 miles on it and cost more than that to have fitted.

Plus, if i'd sold it as it was it'd have had to stay at the recovery yard till it was collected at £20 a day so any money i'd have got back was dropping daily

I love threads like this. Seeing a Supra coming back from the brink of life and then looking better than ever! Well done. Looks great.

What happened to your flat mate?

20 month ban, had to go on a drink driving awareness course, admitted to having a drink problem, went bankrupt, had to move back in with his parents and the shame of being a f*&k up at 19.

He left with his clothes and i sold everything else he had here, after ebay and paypal fees i got about £500.

I was too ill at the time to tear him apart, i had a chest infection and was coughing till i passed out.

they do a bit...

http://www.tunerworks.ca/products/image/products/Wheel_imagesequip_chrome.gif

They've got KC Racing centre caps but that doesn't mean too much.

Painting the lip isn't too much hassle as he's plenty of paint left. I need to get back on my feet properly before i start spending any money on anything else.

cheers...

i was worried at first as they don't come across as the most professional garage. The mechanic will stand there scratching his head wondering what something is and the body shop bloke would have a bottle of Bulmers in one hand and a joint in the other..

They know their stuff but give the impression that they don't. Plus, they don't seem to charge the usual garage prices. They charged me £50 to pick my BM up from the place i got it from, change the oil sump and then delivered it.

Chest infection or not i think i would have tore my flat mate limb from limb, then stiched them back on just so i could do it again. You must have a LOT of self control.

At least you got some money off him from selling his stuff. I would have taken his clothes too and made him walk home naked.

At least the car is coming back to life now though :)

Peter

i would have dismantled him but when i got there he was already in handcuffs - not bad moving for the police to say it only happened half a mile from here and i walked there in under 10 minutes.

I text his mum to make sure she was there and he was packing before i got back, otherwise i'd have got the beating.. i'd have started to tear him apart, started coughing and passed out.. lol

I think i need the brakes doing now though, they're grinding like hell as soon as you touch them but its come on way too quick for it to be worn pads.. so not exactly sure what's happened.