The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time for some supra tlc

Dnk

My car heads for the workshop on monday morning, its getting a new diff cooler and pipe work along with a compression test and leak down test.

Dependant on the results the head comes off and gets rebuilt with re cut valves, new guides if required, new stem seals etc etc.

Hopefully any leaks on the engine will be via the valves and not the bottom end or it will be out with the engine and a full rebuild which i hope we dont have to do.

Fingers crossed till monday :)

Is this an excuse to spend more money on the car or have you been planning this for a while :D

I hope you get the results your after good or bad :eyebrows:

Trust me i'd rather not be spending any more cash on it but the diff cooler is leaking and the valve stem seals need doing so nows the time to bite the bullet :)

Fingers crossed for you. I had mine compression tested yesterday, the results aren't to clever.

Did you get a leak down done ?

I'm sure all will be o.k Dunk.

Didn't feel like it was losing compression to me:D:p

She does go well doesnt she Paul :D

Good luck hope it's good news.

We'll see, more fingers crossed the better lol

Diff cooler on the UK spec is a touch of overkill, for simplicity sake you can just get it blanked off if you dont fancy the hassle of new pipework and what not.

I did think about doing that John especially when i found out how much all the bits came to :blink:

:p i dont need a single Adam, 400 ish hp is enough for me :D and ive spent enough on this car already without throwing another 5 6 7 8 9 10 k ? at it

You've got loads of money to burn whats another 7K. Hope everything goes well on the leak down test and you do not have to spend to money on it

You've got loads of money to burn whats another 7K. Hope everything goes well on the leak down test and you do not have to spend to money on it

You want to show me where this stash of cash is hidden Adam :search: i guess i could throw another chunk at the car but then i cant spend it on a decent daily driver so that definetly wont be happening.

Cheers mate, afraid its all gone pear shaped allready :( my spanner man had a domestic with his mrs in the early hours this morning so weve put starting the work off till tomorrow.

You want to show me where this stash of cash is hidden Adam :search: i guess i could throw another chunk at the car but then i cant spend it on a decent daily driver so that definetly wont be happening.

Cheers mate, afraid its all gone pear shaped allready :( my spanner man had a domestic with his mrs in the early hours this morning so weve put starting the work off till tomorrow.

Not good fella.