The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on XS power

jake supra

Is there any one on the forum who runs a XS power single turbo kit on a na-t.

Iv been having a look at buying one for my na. Not so sure now people seem to have bad reviews of the kit. Is the kit bad becouse of the turbo, or the parts that are supplied with the kit. Im on a tight budget and this seems to be the chepest on the market.

Would it be cheaper to source the parts myself.

Any advice welcome.:)

cheers.

Is the kit bad becouse of the turbo, or the parts that are supplied with the kit.

Both

Im on a tight budget and this seems to be the chepest on the market.

Any advice welcome.

Don't go single if you're on a tight budget mate. It'll always cost a lot more than you first thought it would. Also, you'll never get anything like your money back come selling time.

Is there any one on the forum who runs a XS power single turbo kit on a na-t.

Iv been having a look at buying one for my na. Not so sure now people seem to have bad reviews of the kit. Is the kit bad becouse of the turbo, or the parts that are supplied with the kit. Im on a tight budget and this seems to be the chepest on the market.

Any advice welcome.:)

cheers.

Where are these na-t kits advertised? i cant find them listed anywhere.

Seems pricey (£1050 + delivery+ import duty) considering people are saying most the kit needs junking, The yanks seem to get great results from Quality NA-T kits but over this side of the pond it seems better to do a NA-TT engine swap.

By the time you was to fit that kit and change all the parts that are known to fail i bet it would near enough pay for what the traders charge (about £2500 i think) to do a twin turbo 2JZGTE swap, saying that i still dont think even that is the right way to go, if i had a NA and wanted turbo power i would simply sell up and buy a TT, imo that would be the best value for money way of getting the tishhhhh and woooooosh all you NA owner crave:d

i think xs power is a lot of hit and miss, some manifolds i have seen have been good quality thick stainless with nice welds and extra supports , others have been terrible thin steel with terrible welds and its the same story with the down pipes.

it cost me under £1500 to convert the car to a turbo , that included the greddy and all other accessories i needed bigger brakes also, all the work done by myself. But since i ahve had to buy a new dp made £100 and gt4088 £600 . but on the other hand the car runs bpu power and has that awsome external wastegat scream and its a great sharp drive so im happy.

i think xs power is a lot of hit and miss, some manifolds i have seen have been good quality thick stainless with nice welds and extra supports , others have been terrible thin steel with terrible welds and its the same story with the down pipes.

it cost me under £1500 to convert the car to a turbo , that included the greddy and all other accessories i needed bigger brakes also, all the work done by myself. But since i ahve had to buy a new dp made £100 and gt4088 £600 . but on the other hand the car runs bpu power and has that awsome external wastegat scream and its a great sharp drive so im happy.

So doing all the work yourself its cost you £2200, i also remember reading a post where you said its always broken? i stand by my post saying best bet would be to sell up and buy a TT.:)

yea it was until i binned to pile o sh1t turbo that it came with, and oil lines and down pipe and baught a tidy clutch, ther wer alot of sticky points not denying that but i just got an attachment to my car i didnt want to change it. plus i like playing around with it anyhow

I just re-read my post, it was not a dig, just trying to give the guy the best advice, knowing what you know now would you have started with NA-T?

I always hear that with the xs power manifolds you should weld on some aditional supports as they get hot and then crack under the weight of the turbo. I read allot into n/a-t but then decided on going for a TT engine. Its easier to do, quicker to do (time in labour), no mapping required, and you get sell it on easier too. N/A-TT people on here including myself, conncl, and dibbleyuk all sold ours within a week. Try flogging an n/a-t in the same time?

I just re-read my post, it was not a dig, just trying to give the guy the best advice, knowing what you know now would you have started with NA-T?

oh no., if i was to buy a supra now i would deffinatly find a tt6. but on the other hand i did buy an na when i was young and i do love the car the reason i went through the hell of the conversion,

but your absolutly right in the case of just buying a tt it is a better car in terms of the clutches available, the much stronger gearbox and the torsen diff,

so for the guy that originally posted sell and buy a tt, unless you cant bare to part with your car.

im in the same boat to be honest, my argument is that, i love my supra to bits with all the bodywork, interior, suspension,wheels which i have already purchased and done all myself,it seems a shame to just sell up and get the tt model.... so ill invest my money in the conversion.

i did investigate putting a single on my n/a and still would consider it if a kit came along but would steer clear of cheapish kits, because as stated above the reliability is not 100%.

dont want to big him up too much lol but jamie is right and the best way is to have the conversion carried out

...The Yanks seem to get great results from quality NA-T kits but over this side of the pond it seems better to do a NA-TT engine swap...
I suppose it was worth them making the effort to do NA-Ts because they have a finite supply of (LHD) TTs. We are luckier in that we can import cars from Japan.

Having said that, these days they seem to be importing and fitting Aristo TT engines rather than turboing N/As.