The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyres

beagle

Just bought some secondhand 17inch deep dish rear wheels . they 9inch wide with 255 /40/17 tyres on , now i put them on car took car out to see if ok but no they rub the lip of wing not much just the edge of tyre ,so i want to no wot tyre can i get away with to pinch them in so no more rubbing can i go to 235 /40/ or 235/35 or less dont care how less as long they fit they alloys.:(

Just bought some secondhand 17inch deep dish rear wheels . they 9inch wide with 255 /40/17 tyres on , now i put them on car took car out to see if ok but no they rub the lip of wing not much just the edge of tyre ,so i want to no wot tyre can i get away with to pinch them in so no more rubbing can i go to 235 /40/ or 235/35 or less dont care how less as long they fit they alloys.:(

You shouldn't be having problems with a 9J, 17-inch alloy with 255/40/17 tyres unless you have lowered your suspension.

Have you?

EDIT: It must be your suspension as the offet sounds like a +50 to a +40 if the wheel is circa 10mm in from the arch.

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

You shouldn't be having problems with a 9J, 17-inch alloy with 255/40/17 tyres unless you have lowered your suspension.

Have you?

EDIT: It must be your suspension as the offet sounds like a +50 to a +40 if the wheel is circa 10mm in from the arch.

I thought it might need new springs the back do sit a little lower then front