The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fibreglass dashboard

Paul Whiffin

Would anyone else be interested in a fibreglass dashboard for there Supra? Its going to be mainly for track cars who want to save as much as weight as possible, it can be flocked to give it a nice finish if required. Cost will be about £300 approx.

I currently have 3 interested in parties including myself.

Anyone interested let me know, think I'll be getting them done anyway.

might be interested depending on the weight. can see a fibreglass one being lighter tbh. Worth a shot though. keep us updated...;)

You mean you cant or can see it being lighter? It'll be a lot lighter, stock dash weighs alot for what it is plus when you remove things like glove boxes it looks a mess. This dash wont have any glove boxes, no heater control panels/vents/etc, so it'll be for the hardcore out there.

You mean you cant or can see it being lighter? It'll be a lot lighter, stock dash weighs alot for what it is plus when you remove things like glove boxes it looks a mess. This dash wont have any glove boxes, no heater control panels/vents/etc, so it'll be for the hardcore out there.

sorry edited...

ah yeh i suppose once you take all the crap out.

So I take it this dash wouldn't follow the lines of the original dash down to the gear surround/armrest area?

Is it suitable for use with the original clocks or is it a race display only job?

The mould will taken off a standard dash and then modded from there. Its mainly going to be for race dashes.

Guest SupraGTE

Paul

I did see in a swedish magazine that a company there is making dash in Carbonfiber polished and works with all oe panels, do you now any in UK that does the same

nice shiney and reflective - so you get blinded when the suns out!

Looks nice but not my bag, and very expensive - I've seen a carbon dash before with an estimated +£1000 price tag.

The one Paul is looking at doing will be 'flockable' as well, so it'll be a nice matt finish, or can be painted matt black.