Toyota Sprint Series Supra Class

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a great idea but i think its something for the big bhp boys rather than the BPU community :D

Be good to even watch though!!!

There will be different classes though, anyone can do it. And yes would make a great meeting point for everyone with something to watch instead of just looking at each others shiny wheels.

C'mon guy's, this is a chance to hoon around it your car and have a bit of fun. It doesn't matter if you don't win... it's taking part and learning about the car handling thats the fun bit.

As mentioned in the pdf, if the club wants to organise different 'trophies' then everyone has a chance of winning something.

As Paul mentioned, it can be a club get-together as well as a competition.

I tried an event a couple of years ago, its great fun, and you'd be suprised what a supra can do!

This a great idea & it would be a shame to pass this up, but with wedding looming I am out :(

We should have a big Supra presence though, I am sure other Toyota members are looking forward to see some nice big 500+ bhp runners! Good luck to everyone who enters, I should be able to enter it next year though.

is there a list of tracks? and rules? do we have to conform to any standards? noise limits? Im prety sure i would fail noise limits :p

On the flip side 100 quid an event is a damn good price compared to a track day.

:yeahthat:

Track list & noise limits would def be of help, also do you have to participte in all 6 races (say 1 was the entire country away could you skip)?

I would be running HKS Ti 4" with screamer

I'll be there regardless, had good fun this year.

It's a small friendly series, not that expensive, and if you ask questions you will learn a lot. You do not need a big power Single Supra to join in, I'm running an NA 5spd (stripped interior but otherwise stock) and really enjoyed it.

This year we ran at -

R1. Rockingham (Using the oval), with a coned layout

R2. Barkston heath - a tight course with a good surface, at an air base

R3. Waterbeach - airfield with a coned layout

R4. Barkston heath (reverse)

R5. Waterbeach long

R6. Teesside (Dark), great fun, used the whole circuit and it was pretty much pitch black - just make sure your headlights aren't yellowed. :D video

Regulations can be found here, forum is here.

Hopefully we'll see some more members there next year, Supra class or not. :)