The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of buying an RZ Supra

Guest paul_devon

Guest paul_devon

I've seen a local supra advertised and just wondered peoples opinions on price. Its an RZ-S Twin Turbo, 1994, red, full leather, 6 Speed manual, 19 inch alloys with new tyres, original alloys included, 12 months mot, 61k miles and 2 uk owners since import in 1996. Its up for £5,250 and he won't budge on the price. The condition of the car is good. Im thinking its a good price. Is this about the right asking price, or what should it be worth?

Guest paul_devon

It seems very genuine. The current owner has owned it for 6 years and only done about 6000 miles, but no longer uses it. Its got loads of receipts and apart from the alloys and superchip, the rest is standard. I'm very tempeted to buy it but looking to get a mortgage in a few months so will have to sell it around feb time to get the deposit money sorted.

What sort of value do you think its worth? SOrry, its my mistake, its an RZ model

It seems very genuine. The current owner has owned it for 6 years and only done about 6000 miles, but no longer uses it. Its got loads of receipts and apart from the alloys and superchip, the rest is standard. I'm very tempeted to buy it but looking to get a mortgage in a few months so will have to sell it around feb time to get the deposit money sorted.

What sort of value do you think its worth? SOrry, its my mistake, its an RZ model

Firstly, it doesn't have a superchip. You can't superchip the Supra TT.

Get the mortgage sorted and then buy your Supra. Plenty of better ones will come up between now and then.

Never buy the cheapest one if you want hassle-free motoring.

Guest paul_devon

Yeah but once I get the mortgage, my time of owning a supra will be over as I will be skint! Ive had 2 non turbos in the past and miss them. I may own it for longer and fingers crossed I will.

Got any pics or a link?

Its not under priced by that much. I sold my old bpu 6 speed for £5500. But it really needed the paintwork looking at or maybe a full respray but i spent ALOT of money on just general up keep of it and a nice clutch etc and it was mint underneath.

Guest Suprafly
I've seen a local supra advertised and just wondered peoples opinions on price. Its an RZ-S Twin Turbo, 1994, red, full leather, 6 Speed manual, 19 inch alloys with new tyres, original alloys included, 12 months mot, 61k miles and 2 uk owners since import in 1996. Its up for £5,250 and he won't budge on the price. The condition of the car is good. Im thinking its a good price. Is this about the right asking price, or what should it be worth?

An RZ-S is a 96> twin turbo automatic import.

If it's a 94 and he's saying it's a manual twin turbo then it's an RZ, and if it is then he's desperate to get rid at that price.

How about a link?

Guest paul_devon

he isnt a trader. He seems like a genuine 45 year old bloke. He has only advertised it on his drive from what i know but he is saying someone from dover is coming down tomorrow with 5500 to buy it. I think im gonna leave it as the insurance is too high for me as my 7 years no claims are against my a3. And, if someone comes all the way from dover to torbay and doesnt buy it, there must be something wrong, although i couldnt find anything! Thanks for your advise people

he isnt a trader. He seems like a genuine 45 year old bloke. He has only advertised it on his drive from what i know but he is saying someone from dover is coming down tomorrow with 5500 to buy it. I think im gonna leave it as the insurance is too high for me as my 7 years no claims are against my a3. And, if someone comes all the way from dover to torbay and doesnt buy it, there must be something wrong, although i couldnt find anything! Thanks for your advise people

Good choice