The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk rear lights on a j spec

Marco79

No, you need the UK loom too, that's just plug and play though.

I'm not quite sure about changing looms sounds like a lot of work and wouldn't the Uk loom present compatability probs elsewhere in a jspec? So without the Uk loom is it not possible to fit the uks at all (no cheeky wiring mods ;) )

I did the opposite thing, I have J-Spec facelift lights on my UK - I had to replace the loom so that the bulbs were the correct type and so the holders fit into the lights.

It's a piece of cake to replace them looms, they just unplug from behind the plastic trim in the boot and the wire comes out of the hole behind the light cluster. Takes a few minutes to do both sides.

By "loom" it's really just the bit that has the bulb holders on and about 30cm of wires through into the car to the plug, it's not 10ft of stuff with anything else attached to it so you won't have any issues with anything else.

You'll lose the cool 4 light effect at the back though obviously.

I did the opposite thing, I have J-Spec facelift lights on my UK - I had to replace the loom so that the bulbs were the correct type and so the holders fit into the lights.

It's a piece of cake to replace them looms, they just unplug from behind the plastic trim in the boot and the wire comes out of the hole behind the light cluster. Takes a few minutes to do both sides.

By "loom" it's really just the bit that has the bulb holders on and about 30cm of wires through into the car to the plug, it's not 10ft of stuff with anything else attached to it so you won't have any issues with anything else.

You'll lose the cool 4 light effect at the back though obviously.

oh cool thanks mate how much did your looms cost you or do you have your Uk looms laying around collecting dust? ;) so I would just have to come up with a wiring solution for the fogs and off I go? :)

I can't remember the exact price of the looms, I got them from Nic, seem to think they were about £15 each but I might be miles out.

I like to keep all my standard parts so I'm afraid my UK looms aren't up for grabs.

Light units, looms (mine came with bulbs) and a fog light conversion - job done.

I can't remember the exact price of the looms, I got them from Nic, seem to think they were about £15 each but I might be miles out.

I like to keep all my standard parts so I'm afraid my UK looms aren't up for grabs.

Light units, looms (mine came with bulbs) and a fog light conversion - job done.

Lol I'm the same mate but no harm in trying ;) is there an actual fog conversion kit available? It's one thing running a switchable feed to a brake light but do you just install a brighter bulb? A fog light intensity is much greater than a brake light isn't it?

Just curious do the Uk rears look different to pre facelift j spec?

Lol I'm the same mate but no harm in trying ;) is there an actual fog conversion kit available? It's one thing running a switchable feed to a brake light but do you just install a brighter bulb? A fog light intensity is much greater than a brake light isn't it?

I can't recall who sells the conversion kits these days but there should be a parts list and how-to on here somewhere. Emin / SupramysterTT (sp?) used to do kits but he hasn't been around for ages.

Just curious do the Uk rears look different to pre facelift j spec?

Yes, the lights are spaced out differently.

I can't recall who sells the conversion kits these days but there should be a parts list and how-to on here somewhere. Emin / SupramysterTT (sp?) used to do kits but he hasn't been around for ages.

Yes, the lights are spaced out differently.

cool thanks michael you have been a great help :D just need to source the looms and im off!

Marco,

I fitted UK spec rear lights to my J spec and did the clear indicator mod( see my garage ). I used the J spec loom and simply filed out the uk spec light housings to suit the appropriate bulb holder

Martin

Marco,

I fitted UK spec rear lights to my J spec and did the clear indicator mod( see my garage ). I used the J spec loom and simply filed out the uk spec light housings to suit the appropriate bulb holder

Martin

Oh cool thanks for the heads up will have a look :) if you can do that that's great :D