The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock > BPU (plus repairs) - Do I have all the parts I need?

DSK

My UK TT is having a couple of oil leaks addressed and due to the recent grounding, when the CATS are removed, it will be de-catted so at the same time I thought may as well go BPU.

The oil leak related stuff like gaskets etc will be supplied direct from Toyota.

Parts To Order from Whifbitz for BPU;

- Uprated Side Mount Intercooler

- UK Spec Double De-cat pipes

- NGK Grade 7 Iridium Spark Plugs

Additional Parts;

- Gizmo boost controller

- Exhaust gaskets

Those in the know, is this everything I need? (I wasn't going to bother with BPU and after BPU I intend to run no more than the advised safe boost level, 1.2 bar - if that even!).

The SMIC I'm having done as a precaution, to look at it doesn't look great and being original since 1995 I think there's worst ways to blow £460. AshBhp advised it may be best to change it for the sake of it, any difference he said will only be slight as my current unit seems to perform fine.

Boost Controller - getting a Gizmo one from Garage786.

Fuel Pump - current unit is looking very strong with no signs of any issues, but early next year as precaution I will change it for a new OEM unit.

So looks like I have the main items needed... thank you guys for the input.

The SMIC I'm having done as a precaution, to look at it doesn't look great and being original since 1995 I think there's worst ways to blow £460. AshBhp advised it may be best to change it for the sake of it, any difference he said will only be slight as my current unit seems to perform fine.

Boost Controller - getting a Gizmo one from Garage786.

Fuel Pump - current unit is looking very strong with no signs of any issues, but early next year as precaution I will change it for a new OEM unit.

Might want to get a boost gauge though mate, just to see exactly what boost the car is hitting.

I can't see anywhere that says it shows boost in B.A.R. or psi mate...

Sure this quote from the link states it is?

..........a clear digital boost gauge with an over boost warning and a remote Facility to either toggle the high speed boost change memories or operate the Gizzmo Multi-Scramble feature.........