The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you get baffles for a Blitz Nur Spec R?

DSK

The Blitz Nur Spec R has a removeable baffle in the end of the tail pipe... Is that what you're thinking about? - I doubt anyone would have stripped the baffles out of the actual silencer...

Yes, been told the exhaust system in question will require the baffle (supposed be removed/inserted with a 10mm bolt). As I need the system to be quite as it can be the baffle for me is a must.

The exhaust usually comes with the baffle,mines did but I dont use it the noise is to good to silence.

I know the spec R does have a removable baffle, I have been told that the baffle on this system is not present.

If you don't use yours, would you be willing to sell it to me? I need to know I can source a baffle prior to committing to purchase the 2nd hand system

The baffle is an additonal insert that can be used for track days/early morning to quite the exhaust down a bit. They restrict the exhaust flow and will negatively effect performance and boost. They're not really meant to be used all the time.

Chris Wilson recommends not to use them at all.

The baffle is an additonal insert that can be used for track days/early morning to quite the exhaust down a bit. They restrict the exhaust flow and will negatively effect performance and boost. They're not really meant to be used all the time.

Oooh thanks for this info! The Nur Spec R I have been offered would save me some money over a new Nur Spec RX system.....

Anyone know what the Nur Spec R without a baffle is like to live with on the motorway cruise at around 90mph?

Oooh thanks for this info! The Nur Spec R I have been offered would save me some money over a new Nur Spec RX system.....

Anyone know what the Nur Spec R without a baffle is like to live with on the motorway cruise at around 90mph?

NUR's drone a fair bit, I like the sound of them but hated the drone at motorway speeds. The baffle will help suppress this, but it's a horrible bodge. It'd really be best to get an exhaust that suits in the first place.

I have a nurspecR on my TT, decatted with 3" exhaust from the turbo's back running 1 bar. It is very loud when I drive it out of the village first thing in the morning and the drone at motorway speeds is loud but not to bad, you can live with it. The exhaust note is great though, hence why I've kept it. The only thing I'd swap it for is a veilside teardrop titanium.

I have the option of a Blitz Nur Spec R but it has its baffles removed. Does anyone know if its possible to obatin the correct baffles? If so, where from and how much?

I need to know this before I commit to purchasing the item.

You can buy a replacement silencer from MVP Motorsports in the States. IIRC, it's about 60 USD + shipping.

Remember to bolt it in SECURELY if you buy it - I lost mine through carelessly undertightening it.

As Homer has stated, it does drone but mostly around 2.5-3k RPM. If you're driving faster than 70 mph, the drone will be much less noticeable.

I never put the silencer in my Nur Spec R, If anything i would like mine louder, However i'm not bpu which would make a difference :)

It makes quite a bit of difference, atleast it did for me. Its a standing joke around here that my car can be heard from the pub carpark when I start it at my house over a mile away, wish I could have both a great exhaust note but not to loud when I'm just doing day to day things.

I too have a Nur Spec R and it is loud but personally i think its a great sound!

The noise doesnt bother me but on the motorway if you do 90 you should be fine although (this sounds weird) if you get much more over that it really drones on my car but i dont drive it that much so i quite enjoy the noise :)

I also may have a baffle for it but im not sure ill try and have a look for you when i can get into my garage!!

I have Nur Spec R on my NA too :p

The only time its loud is on cold morning starts as the choke puts the rpm up to almost 2k. The drone is iritating at around 70-80 but beyond that its fine.

I love the sound though almost like a V8 rumble. My fav is when the rev is around 6k its awesome :thumbs: I have my baffle in all the time but tempted to remove it now lol

Wonder if there's really any performance gains noticable in the real world if I do that...

Thanks for the response guys. I have a Motoria cat back at the moment which to be honest outside the car seesm to attract lost of attention but inside the cabin its quite nice so long as you are not 'on it' considering I love a quiet cabin (Jaguar/Volvo etc). If I get the Nur Spec R I will heed the advice leave the baffle or just opt for the RX model, have a few days yet to decide which way to go.

The car is getting a whifbitz double de-cat as well.