The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rough MPG on a 600+BHP Supra?

Blackie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When flooring it....5 MPG, I am guessing 15 MPG driving around town. I remember Adnan telling me his small single was getting more better mpg than his stock twin turbo's as the first turbo was not spool up when just poodling around town.

It's going to depend almost solely on how you drive it......

I'm pretty sure on a long steady off boost (boring) motorway cruise it can reportedly be better than a stock TT. However if you hammer it with injectors often twice the size of stock to keep enough fuel in it to stop it from blowing up then you must be looking at single figure MPG?

I remember Adnan telling me his small single was getting more better mpg than his stock twin turbo's as the first turbo was not spool up when just poodling around town.

I'm pretty sure on a long steady off boost (boring) motorway cruise it can reportedly be better than a stock TT. However if you hammer it with injectors often twice the size of stock to keep enough fuel in it to stop it from blowing up then you must be looking at single figure MPG?

I guess that makes sence, Without the turbo spining its technically an N/A?

On a 550bhp T67dbb I used to get 25-30mpg on low speed (less than 100mph) motorway cruise. Far better than the TT even.

On WOT, it drank like a Finnish alcoholic. 8-10mpg on the road , about 4-5 mpg on the track.

The larger the turbo the bigger the difference will be between off boost cruise and WOT.

I remember Adnan telling me his small single was getting more better mpg than his stock twin turbo's as the first turbo was not spool up when just poodling around town.

mine funnily does better MPG on single however put your foot down and you will see the needle move lol

Must be true ;) keep up Adnan :D

WIDE OPEN THROTTLE

in over words flat out :D

Cheers, I asked Homer in a PM but he ignored me :(

On a 550bhp T67dbb I used to get 25-30mpg on low speed (less than 100mph) motorway cruise. Far better than the TT even.

On WOT, it drank like a Finnish alcoholic. 8-10mpg on the road , about 4-5 mpg on the track.

The larger the turbo the bigger the difference will be between off boost cruise and WOT.

hahahahahah your not kidding... everyone loves booze over here..... normally from 7am in the morning.....