The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing the rev limiter and the 112 mph top speed limiter

supraman1234

Hey owners of the nicest car on the planet ;)

...I have bought a 94 na...love it but i raced a z4 bmw and i could not catch it....so i opt for nitrous 75 bhp..the car is insane now BUT!!!...i keep hitting the rev limit and it does my head in and i cant go over 100 miles an hour without it making a crackly grinding soung as if its being choked...i have removed the traction control????

I was told to do a speedo conversion???? please help friends thanks

what do you think about an xs power turbo kit???...there is one for 500 quid is it worth it?

no.

from my sig - "There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey."

XS power kits are nortoriously bad. If i was in the market for a car with a single turbo conversion i mist certainly wouldnt get a car with an XS power kit.

Its also not as simple as just bolting on a turbo. 10K is often quoted as an average spend for a single conversion.

especialy on an NA, maybe more, The geerbox for a start probably wouldnt take the power increase. although the 5 speed manual might. your goning to need intercooler, pipework, ecu. bov, manifold, injectors probably and the rest of the fuel system like pump. And you still wouldnt get the same power as spending 1000 quid on a tt and doing bpu properly which will beat most things on the road.

And to answer your next question. (its been asked so many times.)

There is not much that can be done to increase the horsepower of the NA. You can do it. but your going to spend a lot of money, and it would still be cheeper to sell and buy a tt. Or if you love your car and you have bodywork you like etc you can do a engine swap. that will be about £2000

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)