The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally its gone bang.

Guest drlee

Hi all,Im sure it was only a matter of time before problems arose.

I hope from this,better things will come.

Ive finally decided to build my own engine,as this is the second stock engine ive managed to destroy this year:rolleyes:

On the upside i purchased a set of cp pistons and brian crower rods yesterday.Im thinking acl barings,hks headgasket,hks or titan cams,and pulleys.

Im open to further suggestions.As soon as i can,and if its of interest,id like to post pictures and progress.

All the same,hats off to the 2jzgte,as i managed to get 620bhp,and 623 ft torque no probs.I missed a gear and broke it..my fault,not the engine!!!

I know mate,i did all along really,it was a mixture of luck and blind stupidity.

however at least it will be propper when done thistime.ive managed to get a motec e.c.u last wednesday.And gaining parts as we speak.

Its a good job my gf doesnt know how much all this is costing,or shed demand a new conservatory at once!!!

Im running a holset turbo donated from a plant machine,honestly no joke,i think ill stick with it to be honest.

The power and torque curves were really well matched.And it still had plenty left.

Once i work out how to put pics on here youll see it.Sorry im a bit of a div,id probably put the wrong picture on here,giving you all a dim view of my gf!! or not:innocent:

There is still room for an increase with this turbo.once i get the rest sorted.Its both amazing,and frustrating that i broke it with a crap gearchange.

I agree with jamie,regarding an unmapped mines,but all the same it wasnt misbehaving.

The figures i mention are true.And didnt cost the earth to attain.:innocent:

Its both amazing,and frustrating that i broke it with a crap gearchange.

to be honest mate it will have been well on the way to failing long before a missed gear change finished it off, you need to get the next one set up properly otherwise you will soon be on your third motor. Out of interest did you realy run 2 bar boost on an unmapped ecu :blink:

I did chap,actually 2.4,i no its silly,but at least with build im doin now,and with the new ecu,should be ok.Its my daily driver,with a slight missfire at the moment.Isuppose without the mines it would not have gone as far as it did. :(