The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Australian 1UZ-FE turbo kit

garethr

Hugely complicated, why bother when a fairly basic pushrod Chevy V8 will easily beat 500 flywheel BHP with none of the issues of intercooling, stopping

miles of red hot exhaust setting fire to things, wondering what's going to crack or warp next, and a saleable engine to all sorts of end users when you are sick of it.

(off topic) is ther any benifit to a push rod set up, i mean id allways think ohc is the cest way to do things as so many manifactures choose too, but gm insist on keeping the pushrods in all ther big v8 motors why would this be ??

no overhead cams means the engine can be smaller, look at the size of audi and bmw v8's, they're only 4-4.4litre in size yet they're huge.

Australian 1UZ-FE turbo kit

http://etuner.com.au/etunerforum/viewtopic.php?p=414#414

Designed on a Soarer, but since the Mk4 is basically the same chassis ...

Whether it's worth the effort, even if you start with a cheap N/A, is another matter.

For simplicity, price, and power output, i still think the Bullet SC kit is the best package for the 1uz-fe :sly:

Has anyone obtained a proper quote for an LS conversion?

I found this, posted by a guy called Craig Taylor in a BMW forum thread about a Z3/LS3 conversion:

You can buy a pullout (engine and gearbox) from £2500 used. I charge £5000 for the conversion (we fit them into lots of cars, RX7s, TVRs, BMWs, Fords etc.).

These figures don't add up to £20,000 but I can charge more! A lot of the cost depends on how much you spend on the car, e.g. Snatch put all new suspension, bushes, wheels, tyres, exhaust, HIDs, steering wheel, big brakes etc.

I know the guy who is putting the M5 motor in the Z3 and that has probably had three times the money spent on it, and for less power. I have just finished the E36 M3 Evo with the LS3 in it. I will try to find some pics of it and put them up.

Anybody's welcome to drop in and see us, 0121 753 0415.

Cheers

Craig

I assume the £2500 would be for an LS1 (350bhp?), but auto or T56?

The UK price of an official 480bhp LS3 is £5,495. A new T56 is £2,700.

http://partsworldperformance.com

Edited by garethr (see edit history)