The mkiv Supra Owners Club

some to help me please

hp006

I have brought a few bits for the car and was after some one with knowledge and time for a lot tea and biscuits to help fit these bits. I live in wisbech. Anyone live near that would be able to help??

Bits to fit, Fuel pump, aem boost controller, map ecu

Thanks

So everyone got advice on it then.

The map ecu i can do the fuel pump i can do. The aem boost controller i hav'nt got a clue.

"AEM BC is just 2 hoses and an electrical connection so that's about an hour"

Any idea where the 2 hoses go and what needs blocking off????

So everyone got advice on it then.

The map ecu i can do the fuel pump i can do. The aem boost controller i hav'nt got a clue.

"AEM BC is just 2 hoses and an electrical connection so that's about an hour"

Any idea where the 2 hoses go and what needs blocking off????

Showed you the other day. The solenoid plugs in where the green arrows point. The red arrows point where the hoses are removed from and the blue arrows shows what can be left off. Nothing needs blocked.

You are only removing 2 pipes. The one that goes from the 1st tubby compressor housing to the top of the actuator, and the one that goes from the middle of the actuator to the wastegate VSV. The 4 red arrows show the 4 points that these 2 pipes connect to.

Nothing goes in place between the vsv and the actuator as this isn't needed with an EBC (blue lines) and the solenoid for the AEM goes between the top actuator and the compressor housing (green lines)

Sorry i know im being a pain but ur last post helped a lot. What happens to the waste gate / actuator then, This left with nothing on it then?

Your actuator has 2 connections. One that works the arm and the other that regulates the actuator. The regulator is not needed when the EBC is in place. The wastegate still works as it should via the EBC.

I don't get what you are struggling with here mate? There are only 4 connections to remove, and 2 to replace. That means doing 6 things in total to get this up and running.

The actuator (of which there is only one in that pic) is being pointed at by the 3rd red line (from the top down).

To re-cap. You are taking out 2 lenghts of hose, and replacing one of the lengths of hose with the AEM soleniod.... job done.

Sorry the picture is not clear. I can see the wastegate acuator, that i take the pipe off (third red line) and i can get the vsv (4th red line off) = both blue lines. Is the 2nd red line the top of the waste gate actuator and the 1st red line the tubby compressor housing then? Is turbo 1 nearest the front of the car? Think after this i will be able to do this

Sorry the picture is not clear. I can see the wastegate acuator, that i take the pipe off (third red line) and i can get the vsv (4th red line off) = both blue lines. Is the 2nd red line the top of the waste gate actuator and the 1st red line the tubby compressor housing then? Is turbo 1 nearest the front of the car? Think after this i will be able to do this

Bingobango!