The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Taking a big Horsepower Supra to the Next Level

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Car in question is this one..

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2009/SUPRA20.html

we want to keep the original turbos in place..

so what is needed to achieve the goal of 800 850 bhp..

injectors, plenum, uprated fueling system and probably maybe changing the compressor sizes to 20g if they are not that already.

would love opinion of members on what you recommend we go for.

am also thinking of fitting the solaris ecu for the customer..

what injectors ? what plenum ?

anything else i have missed or you can suggest.

if your wondering WHY well its what the customer wants, so i need your advice and recommendations on particular products,.

thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

current spec

3.1 Litre Full Tune Engine by Front Row (Around 15000 kms ago)

Carrillo Conrods

87mm Forged Pistons

272 Camshafts

Twin Greddy TD05 Turbos (Polished)

Dual Waste gates

Lightweight Bonnet

Polished Intake Plenum

Oil Cooler

ATS Mutliplate Clutch

Aftermarket LSD

Earls Lines and Connectors in Engine Room

Uprated Fuel Pump

Braided Top Rad Pipe

Custom Painted Cam Gear Cover

Polished Cam Covers

Cusco Front Strut Brace

Massive Alloy Koyo Radiator

Large Front Mounted Intercooler and Custom Piping

Apexi Dual Induction Filters

Custom Suction Pipes

Aftermarket Manifolds

Aftermarket Front Pipes

SARD 850cc Injectors

Custom Turbo Heatsheilding

Cusco Rear Strut Brace

Front Row SPL Apexi N1 Coilovers

Bestex Springs

Cusco Pilo Uppers

Supra Large Model Calipers

Rear Stainmesh Brake Lines

Uprated Rear Rotors

Alloy Rear Diffuser

Abflug Front Aero Bumper

Custom Front Row Exhaust System

Brembo F50 Brake Kit

ARC Front Anti Roll Bar

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

HKS FconV Pro

7 Point Roll Bar with Padding

Recaro Bucket Seat for Driver

Willans 4 Point Harnesses

Recaro Passenger Seat For Passenger

18" BBS LMs

Momo Suede Steering Wheel

HKS EVC Boost Controller

Greddy Oil Temp Gauge

Greddy Oil Pressure Gauge

Greddy Water Temp Gauge

Greddy Boost Gauge

I think you're going to be limited to what the TD05 are capable of flowing, i suspect your only option will be to go up in size, plus the obvious like injectors fuel system etc.

IIRC, aren't the TD05's good for around 350bhp each, maybe 400bhp each at a push.

I think Ricky is right, you might have to look at replacing those...

I would say a Greddy plenum would give the most HP per £1 at this point. As others have said, next thing is to increase boost, although I suspect these turbo's will be about maxed out if the old owner changed down for response.

The fuel system would hopefully support an increase of boost as it is, so long as the last owner didn't change it too much when he went for smaller turbos.

A well sorted progressive nitrous system might be an idea on this one, as there's no way you'd be able to use even half of the available HP all of the time anyway. The Solaris should be capable of managing this.

Other setups for the new owner to consider might be to fit a 3.4 litre stroker kit (which would give a quite frankly crazy spool on these turbos) or even one of those Boostlogic compound kits. Either of these methods would be rather expensive though, especially the compound kit as it hasn't been tested on a RHD car yet.

so in theoory 800 is possible on current set up

I'm not guarenteeing that, that I think it's possible.

Would it not be better to have a list made of the required parts to get 1000bhp, then deduct what you already have?

I'd speak to Chris Wilson, Paul Whiffin, Dude @ AFR, etc - those who've built the cars previously. We're just speculating based on "knowledge" we've gained from reading many threads. Those guys have done it.

I think you're probably looking at a couple of Bosch 044's, some -8AN fittings and lines, 1000cc injectors, Titan Rail etc.

Turbos, if you want to stay twins, you need a 500bhp capable singles, which puts you in the high GT30xx series or lower GT35xx - then space is the issue. Maybe a single GT4202R with some progressive NOS to aid the low-end?

There's all sorts of permutations, but essentially it boils down to budget and how you want the car to drive. 1000bhp out of a 3ltr lump will have lag - how much depends on how you manage it, I guess.

Sorry for rambling!

I'm not guarenteeing that, that I think it's possible.

Would it not be better to have a list made of the required parts to get 1000bhp, then deduct what you already have?

I'd speak to Chris Wilson, Paul Whiffin, Dude @ AFR, etc - those who've built the cars previously. We're just speculating based on "knowledge" we've gained from reading many threads. Those guys have done it.

I think you're probably looking at a couple of Bosch 044's, some -8AN fittings and lines, 1000cc injectors, Titan Rail etc.

Turbos, if you want to stay twins, you need a 500bhp capable singles, which puts you in the high GT30xx series or lower GT35xx - then space is the issue. Maybe a single GT4202R with some progressive NOS to aid the low-end?

There's all sorts of permutations, but essentially it boils down to budget and how you want the car to drive. 1000bhp out of a 3ltr lump will have lag - how much depends on how you manage it, I guess.

Sorry for rambling!

:thumbs:

We could ask KDW... :innocent:

:thumbdown:

Car in question is this one..

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2009/SUPRA20.html

we want to keep the original turbos in place..

so what is needed to achieve the goal of 800 850 bhp..

injectors, plenum, uprated fueling system and probably maybe changing the compressor sizes to 20g if they are not that already.

would love opinion of members on what you recommend we go for.

am also thinking of fitting the solaris ecu for the customer..

what injectors ? what plenum ?

anything else i have missed or you can suggest.

if your wondering WHY well its what the customer wants, so i need your advice and recommendations on particular products,.

thanks

Dude your HKS F-Con Pro is IMO a better ECU than the Solaris, provided it is mappablke outside of Japan, if it is get a knock amp and the extra O2 sensor and you won't want anything else.

Do you have a budget in mind dude???

Its flexible to a degree..

I want to keep a reasonable spool.. So I am for sure thinking of a plenum like Jamies, 1000cc fuel kit etc etc... Im not sure how much different the extra 100cc of displacement will effect spool time ( i would of thought marginal)