The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried this decat?

jackso11

That will be a UK/Export spec, not jspec, just in case you're not aware. It's also the same company that makes XS power parts, though their exhausts seem to be okay (not a lot to get wrong!)

Guest SupraGTE
That will be a UK/Export spec, not jspec, just in case you're not aware. It's also the same company that makes XS power parts, though their exhausts seem to be okay (not a lot to get wrong!)

are u sure ? that seams very like the J spec decat that i just removed, and the whole is for the Oe sensor i suppose?

cheers

p.s tomorrow i get my car back from painting of engine bay

are u sure ? that seams very like the J spec decat that i just removed, and the whole is for the Oe sensor i suppose?

cheers

p.s tomorrow i get my car back from painting of engine bay

The hole is for the 2nd o2 sensor that's only present on UK/Export spec cars. It's UK spec, trust me, the flange is different

It's not even that good a price once shipping and tax is included

Guest SupraGTE
I may be shot down in flames but that is a jspec de cat, as I have exact same one on my j spec facelift, (well it looks the same and is the exact same make). That hole is for a sensor, its not lambda sensor but there is another stock sensor and for the life of me i can't remember what its called now.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=201565 this sensor :)

I may be shot down in flames but that is a jspec de cat, as I have exact same one on my j spec facelift, (well it looks the same and is the exact same make). That hole is for a sensor, its not lambda sensor but there is another stock sensor and for the life of me i can't remember what its called now.

Cat temp sensor on the jspec. It's not needed when decatting.

I'd still be very concerned about it though, there's untold numbers of people here who've been caught out buying these 1st decats and having a UK spec one turn up, even when the seller states it's jspec.

Guest SupraGTE

I'd still be very concerned about it though, there's untold numbers of people here who've been caught out buying these 1st decats and having a UK spec one turn up, even when the seller states it's jspec.

true

Yeah i read that when bpu'ing mine but i just put the sensor back in to fill the hole :blink:. I know i should have welded it but has hurt blocking it of with the redundant sensor.

If i remember rightly I bought mine from a uk ebay seller which made it alot easier and cheaper. By the sound of things I was lucky a jspec one turned up :p:D

Guest Suprafly

I have just had delivered today everything I need for full bpu from whifbitz (which will keep me busy later today), and the first decat pipe doesn't have any holes at all, it's for a 96 facelift J-spec.

Does that sound like the right one?

I was assuming that if the pipe has no holes then the sensor that would have gone into the original cat would now be made redundant?

I have just had delivered today everything I need for full bpu from whifbitz (which will keep me busy later today), and the first decat pipe doesn't have any holes at all, it's for a 96 facelift J-spec.

Does that sound like the right one?

I was assuming that if the pipe has no holes then the sensor that would have gone into the original cat would now be made redundant?

Don't bother with the sensor.