The mkiv Supra Owners Club

18" or 19" rims

Sharpie

What size ?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What size ?

• 18"
    • 19"

OK, so now I'm looking for some nice rims to go with that Black paint work and have my eye on a couple of models :D

But, what should I go for 18" / 19" and why ?

(Note: they will be 9" F and 10" R and have the CW suspension so, my UK ride height is lower now)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18''s are the best mix of looks and performance aren't they?

19'' wheels might look good to some but the ride is pretty sure to be significantly harsher.

19'' tyres are much more exprensive than 18'' ones.

Also, the 9 spoke Lexus GS300 Sport rims are only available in 18'' fitment :D

Just fitted my 19s and i love em, car handles much better, but i have the best tyres you can get on them, and had only Continentals on my 17s....

I personally think 18s look a bit too small on the Supra, but it's up to you which you prefer, ChrisB has just bought some 19" Racing Hart wheels for his black uk spec and it looks wicked!

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

OK, so now I'm looking for some nice rims to go with that Black paint work and have my eye on a couple of models :D

But, what should I go for 18" / 19" and why ?

(Note: they will be 9" F and 10" R and have the CW suspension so, my UK ride height is lower now)

16 or 17 through choice, 18 if you must, 19 inch??? /shudder/

Why? `Cos I designed the suspension and I say so.... :p

I am with Chris 110% here.

It depends what you want to achieve, if you don't care how the car handles then stick 19's on for a full arch look paper weight.

But if you want a car that performs and sticks to the road where it matters then 18's are the limit. I have summer 18's and winter 17's TBH the 17's are much better at coping with the power through the twisty bits. They instil confidence where as the 18's sometimes cause nervousness at the limit even with RLTC.

IMHO its a no brainer.

For info the 17's are stock and the 18's are 3 piece 9" front and 10.5" rear with almost perfect offset.

At the end of the day if you get the right sizes and offset 19s are fine, how many people’s Supra’s are race cars for the track? I prefer 19s as they fill the BIG arches better and look great, but 18s are supposed to be the limit. It’s a personal choice like but my cars just a Bpu street car, so having 19s is fine for me. They look great, and the handles great.

Paul

Pete, Chris has just fitted his suspension package to my car ( :D :D :D Thx Chris :thumbs: :thumbs: ) which has 18"s, and to my eyes the combination looks stunning, no way do the wheels look small....besides looking at the clearance I wonder if 19"s would foul...Chris????

Good luck and happy hunting.

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Paul Laing

At the end of the day if you get the right sizes and offset 19s are fine, how many people’s Supra’s are race cars for the track? I prefer 19s as they fill the BIG arches better and look great, but 18s are supposed to be the limit. It’s a personal choice like but my cars just a Bpu street car, so having 19s is fine for me. They look great, and the handles great.

Paul

Here we go again LMAO:D

18's max. Near stock offset as possible. 9's front, 11 rear if possible.

The stock 17s are best, they were designed for the car but it's all upto your own opinion, can you live with the stock 17s? I hated them, just use them on the dragstrip now.

Plus i bought my 19s from someone, they were nearly new and i liked them, thats why i bought the 19s, if i was buying from new it might have been a harder decision :)