The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Illuminating the door handles (interior)

devan

After every other person who gets into my car and wants to get out says "wheres the door handle" when its dark, i have decided to order some blue LED bulbs and holders to drill and mount inside the two interior door handles.

Im now trying to think where to pick up the 12V supply so that they come on when the lights are turned on. I had the idea of connecting the drivers side to the drivers window switch LED, but obviously the passenger side doesn't have one.

Ive seen a pic of somebody elses car who has done this, if you are reading this can you tell me where you picked up your 12V please.

Or if anybody else has any ideas please say :D

Cheers,

Ash.

Yeah my lock is illuminated, and i think i will use the drivers window switch supply for the drivers side handle.

However, im just stuck for the passenger side without having to run new cables through the door cable route hinge thing.

I would power off the window power/speakers, but i only want them to come on when the lights are on.

Hmmm

Yeah i could but by the time ive turned it on, they've rubbed their hands all over my nice white clean speaker pod covers, and i dont want any marks on it lol.

Just been to look and even the drivers window switch LED doesnt come on with the lights, thats just when the ignition is on.

The only thing ive got with the lights are the dial cluster, and the hazard warning light button, so im going to have to run cables through the door hinge thing.

• 2 weeks later...

All done and looking good!

Had to run a +12V supply wire through the passenger door, and used a -12V supply common from the door lock.

Drivers door was easier as i used two wires which are linked to the key hole illumination LED.

Ill post up some pics wen i get time, also in the middle of converting my heater cluster to blue and white LEDs, its going ok, but annoying at times lol.

What kind of tards are you driving around that they can't find a doorhandle on a 2 sq ft door panel? Sorry don't see the point myself.

the same kind of tards i drive around with... including me 'cos i can never find the bastard half the time! but i blame that on having two cars. If i'm not searching for the door handle i'm turning the wipers on when i want to turn left.

bit late now but I would have take the power from the dimmer switch on the dash. Long wires but then the door handle lights would dim with the dash.

My ex call me Frank Spencer, so i'd have just velcroed a small torch to the dashboard pointing at the door handle.

Most (if not all of them) do. Pull the handle and see if it lights up :)

If I do that my alarm goes off :) but then again I never use the key in the hole anyway, I press the button.

I think it's pre facelift only.

Really? I always thought facelift must be better but from what I have read recently there are so many things that are better about prefacelift. The only thing I would want from facelift is the extra dials....and everybody says they are rubbish anyway!