The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much for full repsray?

Bull3t

well this is the thing, ive got a budget of 2k, possible 2.5k, depends, im looking for a deasant job, no engine out. just a good quick job.

unforunatly Norbury..hasnt got any good places to do this, so nope, i havent got any contacts for the job, so if theres anyone whos willing to do this, then its all good

Generally for a respectable job you should be looking at around £2.5K updards.

The only way to get it done for about £2/2.5K would be ask to pay cash in hand (no vat + little extra discount).

Also its not worth getting it done by joe bloggs who reckons he can do it for £1K as the job would be very poor at the price and its usually the regionof what con artists and poor sprayers charge.

im lucky my dad owns a garage and i work for him so didnt pay for the bodywork but a decent job would prob set you back 3-4k obviously depends on how far you want to go for example- i removed all doors, bonnet, boot basically everything to prime and paint the shuts then fitted, then painted the whole vehicle... but if the car is staying the same colour you not looking that much.

im lucky my dad owns a garage and i work for him so didnt pay for the bodywork but a decent job would prob set you back 3-4k obviously depends on how far you want to go for example- i removed all doors, bonnet, boot basically everything to prime and paint the shuts then fitted, then painted the whole vehicle... but if the car is staying the same colour you not looking that much.

Club discount?!

a customer of mine had an accident in his golf , T boned by a young girl , his car was mint as i had detailed it last year , he called me yesterday to have a look at it as he had only just cleaned it after picking it up from the bodyshop .

£1000 is what he paid , but im not joking here it must be the worst paint job ive ever seen , runs down the doors fish eyes all over the roof, overspray everywhere , paint on the window rubbers which apparently was supposed to be removed .

so basically i told him to take it back , and get it re done .

oh and the usual buffer trails and hologrammes from a quick going over with a mop .

the standard of bodyshops i think is getting worse . or is that what you get for a grand , probably thats what the place will tell him when he complaines

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

yeah peter i can see what your saying i have seen lots and lots of horrible paintwork and when you find out they payed a fortune for it, its a shocker. were a family run company and rely on happy customers to spread the word thats why our reputation is as high as it is, we do alot of work for the jaguar drivers club.

Remember... you get what you pay for!

If your talking colour change then IMO you should wait and save a little more to get that awesome paint job rather than one you wished you'd waited and saved for knowing it could be better.

I recently took my girlfriends car for a colour change. She's only got a little 106 quicksilver and we got that done at just over £3k but the job was simply amazing. The gun finish was superb and i should know. I used to do it for a living myself. I'd never met these guys before but after hunting around found them and went and paid a visit. I would definately take my car there and in fact i'm thinking of doing just that because i want my paint job to be that good. What i'm trying to say is pay £2k - £2.5k to get the colour changed but if you want a superb mirror finish paint job expect to pay £3.5 - £4k for a supra. oh and glass out is a must really for any colour change.