The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Or Import

BigT

Hi,

I am a newbie :) just sold my fiat coupe 20V Turbo and am now in the running for a supra :cool: Would really like a UK but I don’t think I can live with an automatic. I have around £10K to spend. So it looks like it will have to be an import 6 speed what are the advantages and disadvantages of a UK or import. I see the import is 280bhp and the UK 320bhp. Is it hard to get about 350bhp out of the import? How much work would this entail. Sorry about all the questions :) is there anything I should look out for when looking at one.

Hi mate,

Congrats on asking exactly the same bunch of questions every else does with their first post! :)

Find any post by 200SXboy and read his Sig.

The answers to all your question can be found from there.

cheers,

--

Jake

Must have been said on here a hundred times before, but don't dismiss the automatic before you've tried one. It's not like any other automatic, it's an execellent box. As for performance of Jap, look at my sig, that's with air filter, one de-cat pipe and exhaust. Easily beat a heavy UK!